Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deal with resale returned goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We met a problem about resale returned goods:

1. system configured as Make to order

2. goods returned from customer to sales order stock, status is unrestricted use

3. resale it, but goods need some re-work to fit business request

Should we create another sales order to this issue?

and this goods is still linked with original sales order.

What is correct steps we need to follow?

TIA

Zhou

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We had a similar process in our company. From the SD point of view, this is what we have done.

Consider an original material AB1234 which is an MTO item from plant A123. When this material is sold to the customer, order OR is raised. Since this is an MTO, you will have a Production order & will post the sales order stock for the material. Customer delivery is processed through standard LF delivery & F2 invoice. When the customer returns, you will raise a RE sales order with reference to either OR or F2. When a GR is done to LR delivery, you will 1st post the stock into returns storage loc. You will then move into quality stock where you will re-work / upgrade the material. It is then moved back to reserved / upgraded stock. Define a new sales order type ZORD through which you will resell the same material AB1234 to the same customer. ZORD is always with ref to OR. Standard delivery LF can be used here. Since the customer is already invoiced earlier with F2, raise a debit memo which will just include the re-work / upgrade cost (if your business process permits to collect the re-work charge from customer). Else, it again becomes like a free of charge delivery for which there willnot be any invoicing.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your so quickly feedback, and make me more clear of this issue.

My situation is:

re-sale the goods to different customer is not the same as order OR.

What is ZORD? Is it special sales documents type customized for resale returned MTO goods?

Could I follow it still as you mentioned?

TIA

Zhou