cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input field with results in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is my first Web Dynpro ABAP application. I have an input field with input help from fixed values for domains. Depending on user selection, the results should be displayed in a table in the same view. I defined two nodes in the view context.

INPUT_NODE with attribute country

DISPLAY_NODE with attributes country and state

When I select a country and hit the Submit button, the following error shows up.

The following error text was processed in the system DSS : Attribut MAINVIEW.1.INPUT_NODE.1.IN1 konnte nicht gefunden werden

This is the code I wrote in the method of the view context.

data: inputnode type ref to if_wd_context_node,

displaynode type ref to if_wd_context_node,

value type string,

itab_state type standard table of zstate.

inputnode = wd_context->get_child_node( name = 'INPUT_NODE' ).

inputnode->get_attribute( exporting name = 'IN1' importing value = value ).

select * from zstate into table itab_state

where zzst = value.

displaynode = wd_context->get_child_node( name = 'DISPLAY_NODE' ).

displaynode->bind_elements( itab_state ).

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

The view context attribute is assigned to the UI element input field and also the mapping between View Context to Controller Context.

I'm not sure where to put my method. I wrote the method in the supply function of the DISPLAY_NODE. Is that ok or do i need to put it somewhere else. Ths might be the cause of the error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Display_node should be in the action onEnter() (Event handler after u click the button). And also , make sure you are binding the Input field with the model node.

/Sunita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lathika,

Can you check whether your view context attribute is assigned to the UI element input field and also the mapping between View Context to Controller Context and Model.