cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "sniff" HTTPs communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a Sender SOAP - PI communication that works fine with HTTP. But I need to use HTTPS due to company's security requirements. When I switch the communication channel setting to HTTPs and WS calls using the new HTTPs url, the message cannot get posted this time to PI.

I tried to sniff it with the SAP's TCP/IP sniffer, but since communication is encrypted, it does not work in this case as the HTTPs result is encrypted. The certificates are installed in both servers by the basis teams. I need to find the reason and tell them what the problem is.

How can I "sniff" this communication or what other way is there to see the HTTPs response from PI on the sender WS side (or anywhere in between)?

Regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>How can I "sniff" this communication or what other way is there to see the HTTPs response from PI on the sender WS side (or anywhere in between)?

if it was possible do you think this would be a standard for secure communication?:)

better try to check the message at the receiver (what he actually receives) and what he sends then you will know what is wrong

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

It is an async interface and the request is the same as HTTP communication so the only issue can be with using HTTPS. There is no response, only HTTPs response would contain valuable info, which is probably decoded by the server runtime after it is received. How can we query the HTTP response in a Java based WS? Have you ever worked on any such thing?

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

Did you configure the PI to support HTTPS and are you using the correct port for HTTPS? Per default it is 50<instno>1 (e.g. 50001).

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Volker, but I already did these. My question is how to `sniff` or trace the errors.

Edited by: S. Gökhan Topçu on Jun 16, 2009 7:47 AM