cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

On what situation, we have to use an XI Adapter?

any useful Blogs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to use.

Check this weblog for ABAP proxy.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

Check this demo for proxy.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek Shah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use XI adapter for ABAP and Java Proxy.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek. Now I understand where to use an XI-ADAPTER.

Whether XI-ADAPTER is needed, if we are using the Proxy on the Sender side ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohan,

Many adapters can be deployed in the central Adapter Engine and in non-central Adapter Engines.

Adapter Engines always forward incoming requests to the Integration Server by using an internal HTTP connection and service user XIAFUSER (parameter com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.* of the exchange profile) for execution.

Outgoing XI messages are always forwarded to the Adapter Engine by using an internal HTTP connection and service user XIISUSER (parameter com.sap.aii.integrationserver.serviceuser.* of the exchange profile) for execution.

Communicate with SAP systems using the RFC interface (RFC adapter)

œ Enable data exchange with the SAP Business Connector (SAP Business Connector adapter)

œ Exchange data with systems by using a file interface or an FTP server (file/FTP adapter)

œ Access databases using JDBC (JDBC adapter)

œ Communicate with messaging systems using the JMS API (JMS adapter)

œ Integrate remote clients or Web service providers using the SOAP adapter (SOAP adapter)

œ Connect e-mail servers to the PCK (mail adapter)

œ Exchange data with SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI adapter)

In the adapter configuration, you specify whether an adapter is located at the inbound channel (sender adapter) or at the outbound channel (receiver adapter) of the PCK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj, I am not clear with your answer.

If I am sending the Data from an R/3 system, to an XI, I can use RFC or IDOC adapter on the sender side or vice versa.

Same way on what situation I need to use an XI-ADAPTER?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, Both for sending and receiving you need RFC/IDoc Adapters for R/3 to XI , and vice versa.

You configure the XI adapter to exchange messages with an Integration Engine. Both XI 3.0 and XI 2.0 message protocols are supported. You also use the XI adapter to exchange messages between SAP Exchange Infrastructure and the Partner Connectivity Kit (PCK).

You can use security settings to sign messages and check the signature. You can encrypt and decrypt message payloads.

To receive XML messages from a sender system, configure the sender XI adapter.

To send XML messages to a receiver system, configure the receiver XI adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj to interact to/from SAP R/3 we need an RFC/IDOC adapter.

To interact to/from a file system we need a file Adapter

To interact to/from a Websystem we need a SOAP/HTTP(s) adapter.

Sameway when we will be using an XI ADAPTER?