cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regenerate webservice from RFC

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We created several webservices from RFC in SE80. The initial creation went well. However, now we want to regenerate the webservice since, after a system copy, the XSLT transformations are giving errors. These are generate per environment (local objects). Now since these copied transformation are not available (under there generated names), the web services need to be regenerated. Question is: How to do this from ABAP / SE80 / RFC.

I tried to re-create these webservices via SE80, but I get error message, that webservice already exists. Not possible to overwrite.

I actually have two questions:

1. How to regenerate the WS?

2. Is my assumption correct that by regenerating the WS, the error with the XSLT transformations will be solved, since they are regenerated together with the webservices?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Web service (SE80) -> go in change Mode -> Click on Check button -> if there are any discrepancies then you get message to adjust it. Say 'Yes' -> Save the service and activate it.

This might help.

Regards,

Priya

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thanks for this.

I have one quick question though. Is it normal that the system is asking me for an object registration key?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bruno

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give another name to webservice definition while creating webservice. You can also search WS using SE85 (select $tmp package from selection screen) and then delete old one if you find it there.

Regards,

Gourav