cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Desk Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to configure the support desk in solution manager 3.2,Can anybody suggests which is the good document to start with.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The correct BC set for 4.0 version is :

SOLMAN40_SDESK_BASICFUNC_000

Please verify note : 898614

Kind Regards..

Claudenir Bispo

Solman Consultant.

MariaJoãoRocha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cheriyan Sam

To send a mail when a new message is comming you can use

BADI DNO_EVENT_SAVE see note 571782 - Basis notification Badi during the saving

Best Regards,

Maria João Rocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheriyan:

You may need to update some support package in order to get the latest BCSet for Service Desk and Change Management; see the following SAP Note #770693.

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Federico,

I could able to get rid of the BC Set activation error by applying the Support Packages.

Can you help me out in configure the automatic assignment of a Processor once a message is created based on the component.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi cheriyan sam

if u r using solution manager 3.2 sp 10 then sap supports only assigning the message processor on basis of server i.e. u need to maintain the entry of business processor in the ibase component that u create for a particular server

but if u still want to assign message processor on basis of component then u need some customizing to be done i.e. u need to create a business workflow which will recognized that components n then assign message processor on basis of the component

sapright now does not support assigning on basis of component so u need to create a business workflow

regards

Janak Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenak Metha,

In iBase component I have created partners for the specified server,but still the message processor is not getting assigned.Any additional configuration has to be done?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi cheriyan sam

u need to define the access sequence of the message processor n it should be determination via ibase obj

these u can define by going to

spro>spro referece>crm>basic function>partner processing-->define partner determination process

in this transaction choose "slfn0001" from "partner determination procedure" and then click on "partner functions in procedure" and select message processor and say display details

now here u need to in partner determination in access sequence select SAP Service : determination via iBase from ref Object Set

hence ur system will then pick up the values that u have define in the ibase components

if u need any more help tell me

n reward points if useful

regards

Janak Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jank,

In "Partner functions in procedure" of "slfn0001" there is no "Message Processor" Function,only "Processor" function is there.I have made the changes in Access Determination of "Processor" function,but still the same issue.

Any idea why it so?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi cheriyan sam

now if the access sequence u have mentioned as i suggested then the only thing i feel is that in ur ibase components u have mentioned is not properly done

u go to tcode ib52

select installed base 1

go to the respective server

then click on Goto on the menu bar

select partner

and make the entry of the processor's business partenr there

if u still need some help let me know

regards

Janak Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jank,

I could able to get rid off that issue,now the 'Processor' is getting assigned automatically while creating the Message.But now when i change the Status of the Message to 'In Process' , in Actions Tab i am getting the following Errors

When message is created, find support team responsible

Date: 29.04.2006 Time: 08:28:39

Processing CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 Is Started

Partner of partner function SLFN0003 could not be changed here

Action could not be successfully executed

What could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody figure out why iam getting the above message?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Cheriyan,

I think you havent configured your support team determination rules. First of all i want to know from that have you created your organizational structure. In organizational structure you basically create different teams in your organization who will be responsible for handling these notification messages.

Please have a look at the transaction: PPOMA_CRM

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Got confirmation from SAP that its not an error,its a normal scenario.

I have got one more question,How do i configure to send a mail to the processor/support team whenever a New Support Message comes in?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I am trying to create a condition to email the support team whenever the support team is added or changed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See note 691303 its about sending mail after status change. follow the instructions there (download the attached file) and change the start condition according to your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, we already had gone through that tutor. My question is how do I setup a condition so that when the support team changes it will notify the new support team that they have a ticket assigned to them. I can't find a field for support team anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the SAP Note 691303 and the attachment contains the SAP Tutor with procedure. Hope this helps in your customizing procedure.

733511 is also a good note to study to attach the link as well.

Let me know if they are helpful to you

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hİ Bilal,

we are now solution manager,

Our problem;

According to the organization ppoma_Crm crm_dno_monitor screen to view messages (LO,FI,CRM Vs)

But when people write business partnera staff numbers we can see how to solve it

sap_suppdesk_display

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

Selahattin

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheriyan:

Refer to the following step-by-step guide:

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

If you need additional information let me know, I will be glad to help!

Best regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

GAZUM Technologies S.A.

Consulting Services and Software Solutions

http://www.gazum.com

...download FREE Marketplace Manager at: http://www.gazum.com/products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Federico,

Thanks a lot for very helpfull reply,gone through the documentation and configured as per that.But while activating the BC Set 'SVDSK_CORPFUNC_SECURE_AREA_32_01' & 'SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A9' i got 'BC Set S*...' doesn't exists' Message.Is it ok?.

Now I can able to send service messages from the Satellite system to Solution Manager.But i have couple of issues.

In Solution_manager>Service Desk>Messages I am not getting any messages there.

If I go to tcode crm_dno_monitor,i can see all the messages.Why is it like that?

Also how do I maintain Support Team,Processor...etc

Hope you can answer to this.

Once again thanks a lot for your valuable reply

Regards,

Cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

I worked with the guide of configuration guide of service desk in solution manager 3.2.

My job now, is to configure the SD in SM 4.0

I find problems with sending messages, bc sets "service_desk_change_request_32A" and "sdvsk_corpfunc_area_32_01". For this reason, i woulsd like to know where i could fing the configuration guide for the service desk in solution manager 4.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Federico and the rest of the members in this forum,

I used the guide of configuration of service desk in solution manager, the version of mine is 4.0. However, it was very usefull for me to follow step by step the guide you put in internet. The problem is when i try to send a message from a satelte system ( in my case it is SRM ) , i have this message error "Customizing for feedback functionality missing". Could anyone of this forum help me to find the solution? I read the notes 388814 and 832273, but i can not understand the explantion in SOLUTION chapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cherry,

I am in the middle of support desk config. on Solution Manager 4.0 SP09

I am unable activate the following BC sets:

SERVICE_DESK_CHANGE_REQUEST_32A9

SVDSK_CORPFUNC_SECURE_AREA_32_01

I get the error message: BC set does not exist.

Do I have to load these BC sets?

If so can you tell me where I can find them?

Thanks for all your advice cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am going to configure Support desk for Solution manger 4.0.

I need some documents for this.

@ Federico Babelis

The Blog u had refered was realy good.

But Its applicable to 3.2.

Just want to know Whether is there nything new that i need to do to properly configure Support desk for SM4.0.

How much has things changed from 3.2 to 4.0 version.??

Requesting you to revert back with changes (if any) ???

Also i had refered to all blogs from Federico Babelis( who was the creator of those blogs).

He has to his credit several blogs for SM like

1)Configuration for Service desk

2Configuration for CCMS

3)Configuration for solution monitoring and so on.

So if i were to do all the things as mentioned, is it going to be diffrent with Version 4.0 ?? Since all the obove doc was applicable for Sm 3.2??

ny help would certainly be appreciatated..