Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PI login user as Receiver RFC adapter login user

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that possible to use PI login user as receiver RFC adapter user?

Principal Propagation in SAP XI require sender to login using key but my scenario is i have to let the soap sender login using username and password and then using that info for RFC adapter.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not able to do semi pp.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from [Principal Propagation in SAP XI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5579] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];:

Principal Propagation is available as of SAP XI3.0 SPS19 and SAP NetWeaver u201904s SPS10. It is supported for the following adapters: XI (for both ABAP and Java proxies), RFC, and SOAP.

Regards,

Udo

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know about principal propagation but seem like it cant support BPM. There also a problem for the third party app to supply the ticket key to XI using soap adapter. Is that possible to do semi principal propagation?

soap basic auth> XI - principal propagation-> RFC ??

Thanks.

Edited by: fcgan on Jun 16, 2009 11:15 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I know about principal propagation but seem like it cant support BPM

PP supported for Integration Process....may be with some restriction or something...we have a note or SAP guide for this....if I get hold of it will post it.....

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Is it possible for XI 3.0? Any idea to use PI login user for RFC adapter without require soap client to send the cert key?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it possible for XI 3.0?

If you are asking the possibility of PP with XI3.0 then yes...PP can be implemented for XI3.0 (only with SP >= 19)

Reference: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/974873

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I mean did PP support BPM for XI3.0?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for reply. I mean did PP support BPM for XI3.0?

Dont think 3.0 / 7.0 BPM support PP. I mentioned yesterday that PP is supported in BPM, this is possible for SAP PI7.1 and can be verified in the Trouble shooting guide for PI7.1...

SMP -

> Installation and Upgrade Guides ---> SAP NetWeaver ---> SAP NetWeaver PI7.1 ---> Operations ---> Process Integration ---> Trouble Shooting GUide.

Regards,

Abhishek.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer is Yes. Its available with XI 3.0 SP 19

/people/andre.stuij/blog/2008/04/23/principal-propagation-in-ccbpm-finally-made-possible

Regards,

Prateek

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I think this blog is for the soap receiver adapter. Any possible for receiver RFC adapter?

Can we do a semi PP exp. PI -> Rfc dapter?

thanks.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have to let the soap sender login using username and password and then using that info for RFC adapter.

This is not very clear. Do you mean that the same username and password will be used further? If yes, then this is a typical principal propagation case.

Otherwise, you can take the values of these usernames using dynamic configuration. Refer this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/26/pixi-pseudo-principal-propagation

Regards,

Prateek

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I already read the blog but its only possible for using BDC inside rfc but my case is im using standard bapi to do posting.

thanks.