cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crmc_bluprint_c & CRM Designer & BSP pls. expalin about it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing problem to understand PCUI. I need to develop one BSP based on CRM tables. What tools I could use. I have installed CRM Designer also. But it is explained in the help it requires XML file. How I could provide that?

Could any body guide me how to work with tools to develop web applications without coding BSP.

Expecting guidence ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Usha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Before starting new development, just see that any of the existing PCUI application fits yuor requirement, if any then you dont need to develop new application, you can customize your application using either CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C OR CRM Designer.Otherwise you need to create new application uisng CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C .You are new to PCUI, then practice one example from " Implementing PCUI with BSP and EP", then it will be very easy for you to develop new application. You have to do following.

Create Structures.

Create Fields Groups based on the structures.

Create events, tabgroup...

Create Classes.

Create Application Set.

Create Application

Creat Application Layout.

If required Object Link navigation.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun Reddy

Could u give on simple step by step by example to finish an application with CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C. I have gone through above tcode. I read CRM Designer need to install. That also I did. Then it needs XML file. All that is confusing. I am not able to move forward any more with CRM Technical. pls. guide me further.

Thanks in advance.

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

pls explain your issue in little more detail.

Rgds

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi Thaks for the reply.

I need to develop BSP in CRM system. I heard that CRMC_BLUPRINT transaction will help us to develope this with out coding BSP going Tcod: SE80. Pls. guide me how to do customized web applicaton may be BSP application in crm using PCUI tools or any other easy tools.

pls. help me to go head with development.

Reg.

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Usha,

Blueprint tables are tables in SAP CRM which control the content and layout of applications. Any application can be customized by changing the entries for the screen element(s) being used in that application. These changes get reflected in the blueprint tables.

the layouts of Applications are stored in the blueprint tables. Each screen element (Field grps, Tab grps, etc) is maintained in separate tables.

The layout of the application is generated by combining different screen elements. The PCUI framework reads these tables and generates the layout according to the table settings.

Any customizing which needs to be done for that application can be done either by changing the settings of the screen elements in CRM customizing ( Transaction CRMC_BLUEPRINT) or by using customizing tools provided by SAP CRM like CRM designer etc.

The following is a list of a few main blueprint tables which store screen element settings:

CRMC_BLUEPRINT: Application layout related settings.

CRMC_FIELDGRE: Field group related settings.

CRMC_TLBARGRE: Toolbar Group related settings.

CRMC_RGTABGRE: Tabpage Group related settings.

CRMC_BSP_EVENT: Events related settings.

hope this helps.

otherwise give me yr problem statement in detail. WHT EXACTLY YOU WANT TO DO.

Regards

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi ,

Thanks a lot for getting in to depth.

Our problem excatly is that We wants to build custom BSP's primerily for reporting purpose in CRM and our clients needs excat same look and feel in BSP as in Poeple centric UI. We wanted to avoid doign coding for that look and feel from scratch and were looking in to varous options and found out about CRMc_bluePrint TCode and we installed CRM desginer as well on our m/c .But when we start CRMC_BLuePrint then we get some GUI opened which ask to choose any of the functional area as Accouting etc and if you choose a area from that from drop down it opens some GUI related to that area but we do n't know how to procees further. More over in our case we need to develop a new custom BSP and do n't have to amend /change the exsisting UI. so we are clueless here.

We also tried CRM designer, it also asks for some XML sourse file of existing PCGUI screen to start with . It seems it also only helps in changing layout of existing people centric GUI and not in building up the new custom BSP from scretch .Please confirm and if we can build custom BSP with same look and feel as CRM then how to proceed step by step guidence for that using any of the tools available.

It will be highly helpful for us .

Best Regards

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Usha,

are these reports in BW? and is EP in your landscape?

then we can create iviews and show these reports.

otherwise if the reports are in CRM then i think you need to code if u want the same look n feel, I am not sure this can be achieved by BAB.

but check and let your know.

regards,

Rishi