cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04 (ABAP and NW2004s (ABAP) on one system possible?

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to install both NW04 (ABAP) Preview and NW2004s (ABAP) Preview on the same machine?

More specificaly, can you name one of the systems other than "NSP" and still get a Preview license for it?

What else would you need to be careful of when installing both systems on the same machine?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Jakob Thilo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I suppose I have not made totally clear, what I would like to do.

I want to Install both the NW04 ABAP Preview AND the NW2004s ABAP Preview on the same physical machine.

I would also like to install both systems to the same physical drive.

I do not want to have both systems running at the same time, though. I would like to be able to alternately start either of the systems.

The main issue would be, I suppose, that if both systems, as required by the Preview License, need to have the same SAP System ID (NSP,because it seems, Ican't get a valid license for another System ID), the installations would:

- overwrite each other during installation on the disk (both would install to the NSP subdirectory) and

- in the SAP MMC Console, both would have the same name (whitch probably would not work)

So, my main question would be (and this might just be a licensing issue):

1. Can I name one of the systems differently (e.g. NSO) and still get a valid Preview license for it?

2. Is it possible, to install two systems with different SAP System IDs to the same drive, if both are not running at the same tiime?

Thank you very much

Jakob

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

You can indeed do this. You have 2 options here depending on your server OS/DB.

1. Separate installations on the same server with separate DBs (if you OS/DB combination supports this)

2. MCOD (multiple component one DB) option where you share one database and have both applications installed into it.

With MCOD you need to make sure that your OS/DB combination is supported by both releases (i.e. The same Oracle release is not currently supported for SAP NetWeaver 2004s and '04 - 10i versus 9i).

You will have to be careful with supporting two system on one server. Performance tuning becomes a balancing act and you have to really consider both systems behavior together.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jacob

U CAN INSTALL BOTH AS I TRIED , BUT I INSTALLED OTHER VERSIONS

SORRY I WAS WRONG IN MY PREVIOUS POST

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

logically speaking NO

u cant install two ABAP central instaces and 2 database instances in the same system.

suppose if u install NW04 the ports of this installation)

after this if u again need to install NW2004s, what post this installtion need to take, might be ports sharing violation

if i am not wrong , this might happen

this is my logical assumption , if wrong plz excuse.

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could anyone from SAP please comment on this?

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can really no one anwsers this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

i have tryed this at first but that was not succesfull.

I had realy 3 Instance of SAPMMC but thay are not runing.

Gruß

Fardin