cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full solution copy from two different Solution Managers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm wondering if using the SOL MAN Transport Management function (or other available function?) I can download a complete project (Business Process Structure and documentation) and upload into another SOL MAN (different machine).

If so, this transport function can be used also to downlowad/upload system configuration (IMG customizing) and ABAP programming from one SOL MAN to another one (different machine)?

My intention is to have a Full solution copy from one Solution Manager to another one (different machine)

Thanks a lot for clarification

Regards,

Elisabetta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elisabetta

Why dont u go for system copy instead of tranporting?

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your reply.

Therefore do you think that I can copy 100% of solution documentation (sol man process structure and attached document) and implemention (customzing, ABAP) from one solution manager (eg Asset) to another one (eg client) with system copy?

If so, which is the procedure to follow?

Should I expect any issues with system copy function?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Elisabetta

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

with a system copy you copy the whole SAP Solution Manager System to the other Solution Manager System. Everything will look exactly the same as you copy the whole database (and more).

So if you have different configuration in the second system and want to keep it, but only copy one or several solution, the system copy will not help you.

There is a transaction SOLAR_MIGRATION and also transport functionality for Projects. But I am just starting to look into this myself, so I cannot tell you if this would be what you are looking for.

Regards,

Ingrid

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for very usefull help!

Regards,

Elisabetta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can use SOLAR_MIGRATION to copy the projects. But I think u'r basis guy will have to manually make corrections in SMSY.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can get the SMSY data via FM SMSY_DATA_XML_DOWNLOAD

please check #492051

Nesimi