cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In VBAP table, I could see a sales document with only line item details but blank sales order number..

Could you please let me know how it is created??

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh

Edited by: SS on Jun 15, 2009 1:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In SE16, after you give the SO num & press F8 to execute, select Settings --> List format --> choose fields. In the popup selection screen check if SO num field VBELN is selected or not. If not, select the SO num & other required details to display.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Sivanand,

I asked about the process the sales document is created without sales document number.

Could you please let me know the process.

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is your question why there is a no sales doc num when you create untill save?

If yes, here is the answer: In sales order prog MV45AFZZ, there are 2 exists. Sales doc prepare user exit & sales doc save user exit. When you create a sales order, save doc prepare user exit will be called & no data will be updated in the database tables like VBAP & VBAK.

When you click on save, only then save user exit will be called & data updated in DB tables. This is the reason why a sales doc num is generated only upon save but not when you create a sales order.

Sales order num that is a running num in VBAK table basing on the num range that is assigned to the order type.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

I know the process of creating a sales order. Even though I have some entries in VBAP table with blank VBELN. Apart from VBELN everything is updated..

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But VBELN is Key field in VBAP !!!.

Is there any third party ( non SAP ) involved in order creation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Dont know exactly.. Is that could be reason for that..??

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya it could be reason.. as it looks different from from SAP standard process.

and It would be helpful, if you check number ranges (Internal or External) for the order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I found the issue.. The issue was due to when a sales order is deleted in VA02, the process was updating all the tables expect the VBAP table which has line item details without VBELN.

And thanks for your inputs..

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh

aravindrawat
Participant
0 Kudos

How did you guys resolve this? I am facing the same issue.