Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem in first time indexing of new Index

Hi All,

I have created an KM index for Index Administration page in KM. I have used the following parameters for creating this.

ID: portalsRolesSearch

Name: Portal Roles Search

Group: None

Crawler Parameters: None

Active: YES

Service: TREX Search

Service Type: Search

Items to Index: Documents

fuzziness: 0.7

Added the root -> documents folder as DataSource to this index and saved.

Now from the Index Admin Page when I select the new index and click on ReIndex it saying that Indexing is in Progress but in System Admin -> Monitoring -> KM -> Indexing Monitor I can not see any updates. The status tables are coming but with blank rows. Where as in another portal I have seen that while indexing the status tables show the documents getting processed etc etc. And I am sure thats the indexing is not taking place as even after 1 day I can not search any documents...

Also from the Indexing Monitoring page if I select the Index and click on Reindex button its giving an Error saying "<b><i>Command is not allowed for the selected index: prdPortalRolesSearch (Command: Reindex, Status: Pending)</i></b>"

Can Experts please help on what I am doing wrong out here. Its a bit urgent for me as this problem is happening in our Production portal whereas in DEV and QA the indexing worked fine.

Warm Regards,

Shubhadip

Message was edited by: Shubhadip Ghosh

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question