cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in first time indexing of new Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an KM index for Index Administration page in KM. I have used the following parameters for creating this.

ID: portalsRolesSearch

Name: Portal Roles Search

Group: None

Crawler Parameters: None

Active: YES

Service: TREX Search

Service Type: Search

Items to Index: Documents

fuzziness: 0.7

Added the root -> documents folder as DataSource to this index and saved.

Now from the Index Admin Page when I select the new index and click on ReIndex it saying that Indexing is in Progress but in System Admin -> Monitoring -> KM -> Indexing Monitor I can not see any updates. The status tables are coming but with blank rows. Where as in another portal I have seen that while indexing the status tables show the documents getting processed etc etc. And I am sure thats the indexing is not taking place as even after 1 day I can not search any documents...

Also from the Indexing Monitoring page if I select the Index and click on Reindex button its giving an Error saying "<b><i>Command is not allowed for the selected index: prdPortalRolesSearch (Command: Reindex, Status: Pending)</i></b>"

Can Experts please help on what I am doing wrong out here. Its a bit urgent for me as this problem is happening in our Production portal whereas in DEV and QA the indexing worked fine.

Warm Regards,

Shubhadip

Message was edited by: Shubhadip Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

can you make sure that a crawler is defined for your index? ("Crawler Parameters: None" makes no sense for me).

Make sure the "standard" crawler is selected and try a reindex.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert & All,

thanks for your suggestion. I edited the index and added the crawler as standard one. Tried re-indexing but didnt help as it was giving the same blank result while monitoring. I think I am missing something else.

For your information I noticed that two newly uploaded document got properly indexed by the same index. I am able to search them from portal's default search. But the old existing docs are not getting indexed.. thats where my worry is. Telling you this information as it may help you in understanding my fault.

Thanks again,

Shubhadip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually the Portal Roles Search index is a special index of another service than TREX Search. Are you sure that your index has really this service and not something like PortalRolesSearch?

For such an portal roles index it is not possible to attach another data source like documents such that these documents are indexed, because the portals roles search index has already all its resources stored.

Regards,

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

thanks for your time. But my index is my self created index - only the name is similar to the portalRolesSearch one. Actually I have added only the TREX Search as its Service property and added Documents folder as the DataSource.

By the Way.. how to create that special portalRolesSearch index? I would like to know that too. Any help?

regards, Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhdip,

take a look at this SapHelp information on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b2/d59a4271c80a31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Configuring the Search for Portal Pages and iViews</a>.

But to solve your issue, I would suggest to delete the index, and create a new one, with the standard crawler.

Hope it helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I deleted the index 2/3 times and recreated it with and without crawler parameter bu always with same result.

Regarding the Link you provided I tried to follow that but having the following problem:

1. In Configuring the Index Management Service: While editing Index Service parameter I cant see any portalRolesSearch entry there.

2. In making PCD repository visible: In Repository Manager -> (advanced options) I cant see any PCD Repository.

So not being able to complete the configuration as per that link.

Please help.

shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to my last note. I have noticed another point worth mentioning here. The indexing is working fine in my DEV and QA portal and giving problem in PRD. So I was checking the index config of DEV and PRD.

In DEV when I open the Indexing Monitor and click on the index name I can see the indexname_datasource name in the Crawler window. I.e. for my case in DEV it is showing a single row named as devRolesSearch_documents. Documents is the DataSource here. But in PRD when I do the same method - in the Crawler window there is no row - no mention of the index I have created and attached with the standard crawler. BTW - the DEV portal's index is not attached with any Crawler Service.

Dont know whether this bit of info will help you in understanding my problem better or not.

regards,

Shubhadip