cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import idoc with invalid segment into PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import an idoc containing a segment with a reference to a data element, which has been deleted in DDIC and hence, I get an error when trying to import the idoc in PI.

I am reluctant to change too much in the SAP system and therefore, I am looking for a workaround to get the "invalid" idoc imported into PI in spite of the missing data element in the Data Dictionary.

So the question is, whether there is a way of avoiding the validation of the idoc which takes place, when using the idoc import functionality in PI?

The error message I get is: "Error: IDoc type ZEDIEL_UTILMD contains errors (unable to read segments)".

BR

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to export the schema in SAP (we60 if you R/3 is greater than 4.6 you can find this option of exporting as XSD) and do import the same in PI under external definitions

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

By using any workaround which might work to let you define your ESR and ID objects you can be sure that this problem will come up again when trying to process the IDoc on the respective SAP system.

So the best and only valid way is to "repair" the IDoc on the respective SAP system before doing anything else with it.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

The solution we are going for is to re-create the SAP standard data elements in the DDIC by obtaining an access key. Hopefully this will do the trick. We expect that the data elements might have been deleted from the DDIC when we upgraded to SAP ECC 6.0.

BR

MIkael