cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle data that got from SAP by Webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus.

I am working on IFbA with ABAP and Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

I've developed a function module in R/3 system and created webservice, connected the WSDL address to the form. The problem is how can i handle data that got from SAP by Webservice?

It's Ok if i bind the dataconnection node to the form element, but how can i handle data without binding to the form element? I mean that how can i use the data retrieved from Webserivce in the Javascript, please give me some sample code or script method.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

To access any part of data whether its webservice or interface you must compulsaily bind it to a field then that field must be used in the JavaScript or FormCalc. If you dont want to display that field at runtime then make its presence as invisible.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Pradeep.

but i've another question, it's OK that i bind a single field from webservice, but if i bind a table from webservice, it only shows one row of table content that responds from webservice, why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your Data View, does the table really come across as a table? Meaning, is the icon representing your table in the Data View look like a table?

If not, you may not have your Context defined properly - make sure the cardinality is 0:n or 1:n.

If it does come across as a table and you are sure there are multiple records, you should be able to simply drag and drop the entire table into your form. This will create a dynamic table which will expand to the number of rows you're passing into the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure that it's a table.

I drag the table into form and set the subform which the table belongs to 'flowed'. It only shows the initial count that i set to the table, if i don't set the initial count property, it shows only header line. It can't grow automatically, what else should i do to achieve this?

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiujiang Yang,

Get the row count of data from the web service you are using and write the code to create table row instances at run time using java script within a loop running till the row count you received from the web service.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Vaibhav

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

If you are using Web Service, then the binding will be done automatically.

It can't grow automatically, what else should i do to achieve this?

1.Select the table(make sure you are not selecting subform) in Hierarchy view

2. Under table select the Row which is having the required fileds for data

3. In the Binding of that row, check the checkbox "Repeat Row for each item data" and under that check the Min Count which will set the default row **** to 1

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sachin.

I've already done those, It still doesn't work.

Hi, Vaibhav. Would you like to show me the sample code, please?

Thank you very much.