cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop is not working !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not map a context node from the component controller to the view controller using the drag and drop feature. I tried to restart the NetWeaver, but the issue is still there.

what could be the problem?

And, is there any way to map the context between components other than the drag and drop?how?

I'm using NWDS 2.0.17

Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

If the drag and drop is not working try this approach.

Approach 1

Double click the component. After doing this you will get the component Diagram. Click on the arrow like icon in the menu on left hand side of this diagram. The tooltip of this icon would say: "Create a delta link". As soon as you drag the cusrsor from the view to component a window will appear in which you can do the mapping. This is the other way of doing the mapping.

OR try this approach.

Approach 2

1) Copy the node from the controller context and paste it in view context. If this is not possible then just simply create a similar structure of the contoller context node in the view context node as well.

2) Right click the the newly created node in the view context and click on "Edit Context Mapping...".

3) Select the node from the controller to which you want to do teh mapping.

This will do the mappingof the node in view context to teh controller context.

However I believe that even the drag and drop feature should work in your IDE. Chek restarting the IDE once again. I hope this helps! Please revert back in case you need any further help on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pravesh,

I resolved it using Approach 2.

but I do not know why the drag and drop is not working?!

anyway thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the context node which you want to map, there should be an option 'Edit context mapping' , click on that , a window pops for Context selection, select the node which is to be mapped.

Click Finish.

Thanks

-RSR

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not map a context node from the component controller to the view controller using the drag and drop feature. I tried to restart the NetWeaver, but the issue is still there

U have to map from View Controller context to Component Controller context and the reverse is not possible as component controller context is data storage and visual controller are Data consumers.

refer this [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/44/7e0fe3f9a63abee10000000a155369/content.htm]

Thanks and Regards