cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg System refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have planning to Change my PRD server. We bought new one server. Now i have plan to will do the system refresh. What are the steps are there in SAP system Refresh.

1. What can i do?

2. How many days will take?

SAP Version - ECC 6.0

DB - MS -SQL Server 2005

OS - Windows 2003 Server

Physical memory is - 8GB, Swap is - 24GB

DB Size is - 210 GB

Regards

keshav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you thought about doing test once?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear manoj.

Not thought about Testing Once. I want Move to New one. My PRD server is old. Now i bought new one. so i want all Existing PRD to NEW one. How can i do it?

Regards

keshav

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can i do it?

I though that question was already answered.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akesavan,

If you are planning to do a hardware migration on your production system (for a similar compatible architecture) you need to do a Homogeneous System Copy.

Read the System Copy guide from http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Also, https://service.sap.com/installnw70

2. How many days will take?

That pretty much depends on your environment, hardware, availability requirements. But it shouldn't take long based on the fact that your DB is only 210 Gigs.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be on the safer Side Just install the New system as you installed the Old PRD keeping in mind that the OSlevel the patch level and the Sap release should be same .

Once the installation Completes.you should go with the System Refresh.

Now here are the answer of your Question.

To install New PRD system it shall take 24 hour (appox).Once the base installation is completed you can go with the system Refresh.

Offline Backup will take 2 to 3 hours.(Number of hours depends on many more things).

If you have ABAP+JAVA then you beed to take the Java Export After the Backup.(1 hour)

Then you need to get the backup restored on the New Server(2 to 3 hours)

Then run Sapinst Import.(10 to 11 hours).

Post Refresh steps depends on the landscape configuration you have.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

My system Landscape is 2 System landscape.

DEV/QAS and PRD. PRD only one don't have fail-over server. Regularly i taken back thru Tape Drive.

Then what are the Post Installation steps. Pls Totally Howmany days it will taken?

Regards

keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is that if you have ecc system then what other components you have in your landscape.

Like Portal,BW,SRM SCM etc.

See it all depends what all changes you have to do in this system and the other systemthat are connected to it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol.