Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel - standard t-code/table

ramiz_sipai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help...

Is there any standard t-code by which we can start/stop/automate mass communication channel at a time ?

or

Any t-code by which we can start/stop/automate single communication channel ?

(I mean w/o going to moni_ifr -> rwb -> ...etc)

---

Also want master table in which communication channel and its status (like start/stop/auto/any ATP)is stored ( I did not find this info in SMPREL3/SMPPMAP3)

Note : I checked que/ans already posted and also checked "/people/gourav.khare2/blog/2007/12/12/interesting-abap-tables-in-xi-150-part-i link but did not found relevent info.

Thanks.

Ramiz...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramiz!

Because almost all communication channels are part of the Java Adapter Engine you will not find a table in ABAP stack and you will also not find a transaction to control them.

But - like already mentioned by others in this thread - you can build your own tool to do this job.

Regards,

Volker

ramiz_sipai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ibrahim/Abhishek/volker

My problem is :

we have frequent maintenance activity for our production system. and all the time we need to stop/start all cc to avoid any message failure during this maintenance. Manual stop/start from RWB requires lots of time. we have approx 100 cc(and increasing...) and all need to stop before maintenance and start after maintenance complete.

I want any standard t-code that can do this... and if not any standard then want make something in abap that can do this and we can avoid such a time consuming process.

As per the replies :

1)manual as mentioned above

-> this requires lots of time every time maintenance activities happens.

2) as mentioned by abhishek thru external controlling

-> I need to look into this but Its one cc at a time

3) And availability planning by selecting the option to control it automatically

-> we are using this functionality but during our maintenance activity this will not be useful as maintenance activity happens anytime/any day.

As per the Volker,

"

Hi Ramiz!

Because almost all communication channels are part of the Java Adapter Engine you will not find a table in ABAP stack and you will also not find a transaction to control them.

But - like already mentioned by others in this thread - you can build your own tool to do this job.

Regards,

Volker

"

There is no abap table that stores CC...so I need to build my own tool to do this job...

But donu2019t have exact idea what/how to build !

Plz. let me know if you find anything related to this...

Thanks a lot for help.

Thanks.

Ramiz...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ramiz, It is a mechanical activity in phases where its down for maintainces etc...

I have no idea if there is ne feature available except for the multiple selection in the CC moni...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Manual stop/start from RWB requires lots of time. we have approx 100 cc(and increasing...) and 
all need to stop before maintenance and start after maintenance complete.

One way to achieve the start/ stop in one go for all the channels listed in AE:

1) RWB ---> Component Monitoring ---> AE --> CC Monitoring

2) Do not give any value in any of the fields (CC, Type etc)...keep everything blank except Status (you cannot leave it blank).....and click on the Use Filter tab...all your 100 channels will be listed below

3) Above the channel list you have a button called Multiple Selection On....click it...now you can select all the channels in one go....select the channels and then click Start/ Stop....as the case may be..

Regards,

Abhishek.

ramiz_sipai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yes... this is the exact solution I wanted since long...!!!

Thanks a lot...

So finally there is no need to make any prog/tool that can do this... we already have this facility in RWB...

Thanks Ibrahim/volker/Hemant for sharing your ideas...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramiz,

There are 3 ways of start/stop comm channel...

1)manual as mentioned above

2) as mentioned by abhishek thru external controlling

3) And availbility planning by selecting the option to control it automatically

check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Here is a beautiful blog by Shabz on the above

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

hope this info helps u out

Regards,

Tauseef

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont think there is a TCODE to do this....

What you can do is create a ABAP interface which will call the URL to start/stop the channel.....this approach is mentioned in the below thread:

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb (also given in the above link)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to RWB> Communication Channel Monitoring> Adapter Engine> Communication Channel> Start /Stop.

Thanks and Regards

HEmant