SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCF in Gas billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can someone provide detailed documentation on volume correction factor used in Gas Billing. How it is calculated and from where the temperature, pressure values are picked up. We have gone through help.sap.com but need additional info.

Thanks,

Avneet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avneet ,

The Gas procedure is broken down into two procedures describing the computation of the central gas factors, more precisely:

Gas procedure = ( Volume correction factor procedure , Calorific value procedure )

The calorific value per calorific value district is maintained in V_TE449.

Temperature values can be maintained in :

V_TE247 - Fixed Temp. Values (daily)

V_TE447 - Measured Gas Temperature (Monthly Values)

Pressure values can be maintained in :

Air pressure :

V_TE339 - Monthly Measured Air Pressure

V_TE907 - Annual Air pressure

Regards,

Chitra

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avneet ,

The Gas procedure is broken down into two procedures describing the computation of the central gas factors, more precisely:

Gas procedure = ( Volume correction factor procedure , Calorific value procedure )

The calorific value per calorific value district is maintained in V_TE449.

Temperature values can be maintained in :

V_TE247 - Fixed Temp. Values (daily)

V_TE447 - Measured Gas Temperature (Monthly Values)

Pressure values can be maintained in :

Air pressure :

V_TE339 - Monthly Measured Air Pressure

V_TE907 - Annual Air pressure

Regards,

Chitra

0 Kudos

Hello Chitra,

Thanks for responding! You are correct in your understanding of the gas procedure. Let me be a bit more precise as to what we are facing. We are carrying out simple cubic meter billing; so calorific factor does not arise for this situation. As per SAP, VCF is calculate as:

VCF = Ts * (Pamb + Peff) / (T * Ps * DF)

(Ts = 273.15 K, Pamb = air pressure, Peff = actual pressure of gas meter, T = gas temperature, Ps = 1.01325 bars, DF = gas law deviation factor)

1. In VCF (tcode EA81) we have not selected the copressibility or GLDF field. So gas deviation factor shown in the above formula is not required.

2. Temperature has been fixed at 14 deg C i.e. 14+273.15=287.15 K.

3. Pamb=1

4. I am not clear from where Peff i.e. actual pressure of gas meter, is being picked from. I feel this must be coming from the default value in EG31 during device installation. This we have set as 5. Periodic consumption is 1 per day.

Keeping the above in mind VCF = 6.223

Now when we execute billing we get the following figures.

1. Initial meter reading = 0. Comsumption (Bill Qty in Bill doc) = 13.816. Meter Reading = 35.

2. Initial meter reading = 35. Comsumption (Bill Qty in Bill doc) = 39.476. Meter Reading = 135.

In both the above cases VCF = (35-0)/13.816 = 2.53 or (135-35)/39.476 = 2.53. But our calculated VCF is 6.223.

What are we doing incorrectly or what are we missing here? We are not able to understand how the figure of 2.53 is being arrived at. Pls advise.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Avneet

0 Kudos

Hi Avneet ,

I'm not sure whether you have done the special procedures during the configuration or not.

If you have selected the radio button option of the "VC Fact from Register" then the value that you have maintained in the register will be directly picked up.

If you have not maintained any special procedures depending upon the type of thermal billing and the type of the temperature , pressure ( annual or daily ) , the values are picked from the corresponding tables.

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Chitra

0 Kudos

Hi Chitra,

Yes i have maintained special function settings. Also No special procedure has been set in VCF i.e. we have not set the "VC Fact from Register" radio button. So values are being picked from the tables. Thats fine coz we have defined all the relevant values.

But even then we are unable to determine how the system is arriving at the VCF of 2.53.

Obviously we are missing some step in calculation; which we need to identify.

Best Regards,

Avneet

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Avneet Singh

I am sure the issue may have been sorted out long back

I am just writing this to make sure was this the reason you were getting the VCF as 2.53 , in the Volume correction factor , Fixed VCF radio button was activated and Fixed VCF factor may have been maintained as 2.53

Please let us know if possible whether what I make out is correct ?