cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSM Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am ABAP developer and unfortunately we have no basis team even a person. All the activities and data in Development has been lost due to crash of HDD. Our development server down since a month and Oracle DBA technical staff, copy production server to development server. Mean new development server is the copy of production server. Now i am facing following problems:

1 Development server is non-modifiable, therefore no development can be made.

2. Transport management system is not configure.

Can anybody tell me how to resolve these problem and what other pre-caution / pre-home work should I made?

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate. Your question is not clear.

Are you using a shared transport directory or individual transport directories for each system in the landscape ?

Have you released the transport request in the DEV system and checked for the datafiles and cofiles ?

If you are using a shared transport directory, can you please check whether the data files and cofiles have got generated in the shared transport directory path, once you have released the request in the DEV system. Once the request is released it is automatically available in the Import Queue of the target system.

If you are using individual transport directories for each system, then you'll have to manually transfer the datafiles and cofiles from the /usr/sap/trans directory of one system to the /usr/sap/trans directory of the other system. In that case only you will be able to include the transport request in the Import Queue of the other target system.

Please check the below links as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/de/6b0da5f34d11d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/c4/6045377b52253de10000009b38f889/content.htm

In all cases, the /usr/sap directory must be shared with the sharing names saploc and sapmnt.

regards,

Subhajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhajit,

Yes we are using shared system and my DBA confirmed that sap/usr/trans is not shareable directory. However he making it to shareable as per my request. Now it mean, all activities are ok. When the directory shareable then I will be able to import queue request transport to Quality and production server.

When I released the request from DEV server then it work fine and I can see it to import queue request list through STMS tranx. But only truck button not appear to transport the desire request to quality server.

Hope you understand my point.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank for your reply. Unfortunately we had lost our development server due to hardware equipment. However create new development server and now it is replica of production server. A 200 client is the development client and has SAP_ALL data of client 500 (production client). The problem is I could not set the TMS configuration in development server. I had study different material but failed to configure it.

Now I would like to say that where I am standing and which type of error occur.

1. Login into client 000 with SAP*.

2. run STMS, go to SAP SystemcreateDomain link

3. Enter System Name = CYP , HOST = sapprd, and system no. = 00

4. Appear following error message :

System CYP Command Start TMS_DLS_DOMLINK_REQUEST

Client 000 Service Domain Link Service

User TMSADM Start Online

Date 28.07.2009 Function TMS_DLS_DOMLINK_REQUEST

Time 20:15:51 Message TMS_DLS_EQUAL_DOMAIN_NAMES

Message 2q029 does is not available

Note : I had concern with my DBA and check the authorization and /usr/sap/trans directory is shareable in OS level. Operating system SUN solris and oracle database we are using.

Following are the structure of server:

-

-

DEV

QAS

PRD

-

-

Kindly guide me.

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Help please.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very difficult to suggest something here. I suggest you open an OSS call and let the support have a look on the system.

Makrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just went to my DBA and ask him about TPARAM file. TPPARAM file exist in development usr/sap/trans/bin directory. The name of file is tpparam_instCYD, where CYD is instance name. This file is not occurs in Production system usr/sap/trans is shareable directory. Following are the parameter of parameter flie:

TRANSDIR =/usr/sap/trans

CYD/DBHOST =cybersap

CYD/DBNAME =CYD

CYD/DBTYPE =ora

CYD/SYSTEM_PF =/sapmnt/CYD/profile/DEFAULT.PFL

CYD/MSPORT =3600

It may help to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TPPARAM is the "old" way of transporting (release <= 3.x).

tp and R3trans use the TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL for transporting. This file is created using transaction STMS in client 000.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Markus,

I did it as you mentioned but TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL does not exist. so should I rename tpparam_instCYD.PFL with tpparam_CYD.PFL with same contents.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I did it as you mentioned but TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL does not exist. so should I rename tpparam_instCYD.PFL with tpparam_CYD.PFL with same contents.

No.

You should logon to client 000 and redistribute the configuration to all systems. That file will be created then.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again Mr. Markus,

I did it and tp_domain_CYD file has been recreated. Now CYD (Development system) has following paramenter:

#STMS -> Overview -> Systems -> Extras -> Distribute TMS Configuration

#----

#

#

TRANSDIR = /usr/sap/trans

#

CYD/DBHOST = cybersap

CYD/DBLIBPATH = /usr/sap/CYD/SYS/exe/run

CYD/DBNAME = CYD

CYD/DBSWPATH = /oracle/CYD/920_64

CYD/DBTYPE = ora

CYD/NBUFFORM = 1

CYD/TP_VERSION = 266

and tp_domain_CYP file has following parameter:

#TMS:0001:DOMAIN_CYP

A

#

#----

#Caution !

#This file was generated by the Transport Management System.

#Do not change this file using a text editor.

#For further information please see the online documentation of

#transaction STMS.

#If this file was destroyed, it can be regenerated in the TMS.

#To do this, log on to the domain controller (system CYD) and call

#Transaction STMS. In the System Overview, you can distribute the TMS

#configuration. This regenerates the file.

#STMS -> Overview -> Systems -> Extras -> Distribute TMS Configuration

#----

#

#

TRANSDIR = /usr/sap/trans

#

CYD/DBHOST = cybersap

CYD/DBLIBPATH = /usr/sap/CYD/SYS/exe/run

CYD/DBNAME = CYD

CYD/DBSWPATH = /oracle/CYD/920_64

CYD/DBTYPE = ora

CYD/NBUFFORM = 1

CYD/TP_VERSION = 266

What I notice that 2nd line of CYP system appear A, which wrong in my opinion. Both CYD and CYP systems dbhost, dbname are same which wrong.

Correct me if i am wrong and also write the steps to rectify the parameters.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What I notice that 2nd line of CYP system appear A, which wrong in my opinion. Both CYD and CYP systems dbhost, dbname are same which wrong.

...so your TMS configuration is not correct.

> Correct me if i am wrong and also write the steps to rectify the parameters.

I don't know how your transport environment looks like.

Logon to client 000, start transaction STMS, execute "overview systems". Is that correct?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Markus,

I think I have to run STMS in production environment with client 000, and then set the production parameter like dbhost and dbname. Note that usr/sap/trans directory is shareable for both system and tp_domain_cyd and tp_domain_cyp are exist in this directory.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, configuration have to be done on the domain controller. If that is your production system, then, yes.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Markus,

How can I find the domain controller system as I have to make sure the production server is domain controller system.

Because when i am going to recreate cyp system in production system then cyp not allowing me. However I can make it modifiable system if required.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

STMS - Overview - Systems

The domain controller has that "sign" in the type column.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Markus,

Let me explain the condition:

1. when I trying to change the domain controller (sign in type column) in production server then it is not allowing me and message appear "Changes only permitted on domain controller". It mean domain controller is in development server.

2. When I had set the domain controller with following setting in client 000 of development system (CYD) :

in communication tab:

System CYD

Target Host sapprd

System No. 00

User TMSADM

in Transport tools tab:

TRANSDIR /usr/sap/trans

DBHOST sapprd -

> Production host name

DBLIBPATH /usr/sap/CYP/SYS/exe/run -

> CYP is production system

DBNAME CYP -

> CYP production database

DBSWPATH /oracle/CYP/920_64

DBTYPE ora

NBUFFORM 1

TP_VERSION 266

When I check the transport parameter in transport tool then following error occurs:

Command TMS_MGR_CHECK_TRANSPORT_TOOLS

Service Communication Interface

Start Online

Function TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVICE

Message SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2. When I had set the domain controller with following setting in client 000 of development system (CYD) :

> in communication tab:

>

> System CYD

> Target Host sapprd

> System No. 00

> User TMSADM

> in Transport tools tab:

> TRANSDIR /usr/sap/trans

> DBHOST sapprd -

> Production host name

> DBLIBPATH /usr/sap/CYP/SYS/exe/run -

> CYP is production system

> DBNAME CYP -

> CYP production database

> DBSWPATH /oracle/CYP/920_64

> DBTYPE ora

> NBUFFORM 1

> TP_VERSION 266

That looks good to me.

> Command TMS_MGR_CHECK_TRANSPORT_TOOLS

> Service Communication Interface

> Start Online

> Function TMS_CI_START_LOCAL_SERVICE

> Message SYSTEM_ACCESS_DENIED

Is the production system able to access the directory /usr/sap/trans?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Mr. Markus,

I had checked it with DBA person and it is confirm that production and development systems able to access the directory /usr/sap/trans in OS level? and further more I authorize to all user in OS level to read, write authorization. This is because of may be OS not allowing application level user (its my opinion).

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the following:

- start transaction SPAM in client 000

- execute "Utilities - check transport tool"

You get any error message?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I had login to production server with 000 client and run spam transaction following screen appear. I had marked error in error line.

- CYP System CYP Production

- tp Interface

Host Name sapprd

Version 1.80

Transport Directory /usr/sap/trans

Logging On (TPLOG contains 5749 entries)

- Transport Profile

Path /usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_CYD.PFL

Profile TP_DOMAIN_CYD.PFL is readable

Version Profile version 0001 is invalid error

- RFC Destination

Destination CALLTP_SunOS

tp Path /usr/sap/CYP/SYS/exe/run/tp

tp Executable Size: 15.056.848 bytes

RFC Ping Link setup: 487 msec

- tp Call

RFC Link tp was started successfully

tp Version 320.58.06

DB Connect Link to database failed error

Offline Call error in transportprofil (param missin.. error

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Revised Message in visible format.

I had login to production server with 000 client and run spam transaction following screen appear. I had marked error in error line.

- tp Interface

Host Name sapprd

Version 1.80

- Transport Profile

- RFC Destination

Destination CALLTP_SunOS

- tp Call

tp Version 320.58.06

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Revised Message in visible format.

- tp Interface

Host Name sapprd

Version 1.80

- Transport Profile

- RFC Destination

Destination CALLTP_SunOS

- tp Call

tp Version 320.58.06

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Syed,

I request you to delete all configuration and configure again .Here are the some steps you need to follow:

1) Log-in to Dev server 000 client ,go to tcode STMS

2) Delete transport configuration .

3) Immediately after that it will prompt you for new configuration,Accept that at it will prompt you for Domain controller.

4) Here if you want producion as domain controller dont click ok ,carry on rest activities in Production only.

5) After this delete STMS config in rest 2 system as well.

6) In domain controller define new transport route as required Go for standard scenario for 3 system landscape if you have.

7) Distribute and activate the configuration.Make sure it is distributed properly.

😎 If all above mentioned steps are ok,We are sure you will not face any issue.

Let us know your outcome after this.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagan for reply,

I have done as you define the steps from 1 to 3. but

step 4 : I want CYD (Developement server) as domain controller. Because of my hesitation to do any activity in Production Server.

step 5 : We have two servers. one is CYD (Development server) and other is CYP that is (QAS -400 client and Production-500 client Server), should I delete configuration in CYP in 000 ?

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Syed ,

Yes you need to delete configuration from CYP as well.

Then go to CYD , 000 and it will prompt you to configuration again .There you define your CYD as domain controller.

Once its done you need to add a system CYP in CYD and select the scenario 2 system landscape.There you define CYD as dev and CYP as production.Save the config and distribute as well.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is Thanks to all of you and Specially bundle of thanks for Gogan, Almost issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhajit,

It is very helpful links to resolve the matter. Development environment create transport request, and transport domain appear that request but there is no button appear to move transport request to Quality server. Correct me if i am wrong that sap/usr/trans directory is not shareable. Is that the reason?

regards

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dev Access is user specific and is not dependent upon client settings. You need to check DEVACCESS table from SE16 transaction to verify whether the user ABAPDEV has a Developer Access Key associated with it. The DEVACCESS table contains the Developer Key and login Id of the developers.

If ABAPDEV user is not present in the list of users in DEVACCESS table, then you need to assign developer access to ABAPDEV user from SAP Service Marketplace. You need to go the menu Keys & Requests -> Development Requests -> Create Development Request.

regards,

Subhajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All,

I had login client 000 and controlled the user id's.I had configured TMS route and system. but transport request can not be transported into PRD system. Can you tell exact process of TMS configuration where may be I am doing wrong. Following are the information :

production Host : SAPPRD

Transport domain: DOMAIN_CYD

Development system : CYD

Production system : CYP

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R u sure that client copy is successfully done? you can check the same in scc3.

Note: SCC8, copy SAP_USER profile successfully run. But still unable to login from 100 client in development server

If you are still unable to login you can try deleting the sap* in client 100 and login with pass

Regards

Uday

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If you are still unable to login you can try deleting the sap* in client 100 and login with pass

Just as a side note: If your system is an ERP 6.0 you need to add

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

in your instance profile and restart the instance. Otherwise it's not possible to logon with SAP*.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday and Subhajit,

With your help and guidance I had successfully created 100 Development client in development server and copied quality client data. Development Id ABAPDEV is still need Access key for any development. Remember before disaster of Development server i was working with ABAPDEV id for development. Following are the client detail setting which i has checked:

Client role:- TEST and CUSTOMIZING (Both Checked )

Cross Client Object Changes: Changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing Allowed

Protection: Client copier and comparison tool: Protection level 0: No restriction

Restriction when starting CATTand eCATT: eCATT and CATT Allowed

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SCC4. Change the Client role to Customizing / Test and also the Protection: Client Copier and Comparison Tool to Protection Level 0: No restriction.

Also go to transaction SE06 -> System Change Option to verify whether the Global Setting is modifiable, if not already done.

Thanks,

Subhajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday and Subhajit,

I have done all things and I think I am moving around my object. Now when I login with ABAPDEV (development Id) 500 client of development server. Trx SE38 need access key for modification.

Note: SCC8, copy SAP_USER profile successfully run. But still unable to login from 100 client in development server.

regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to change the client role check in SCC4 and change accordingly

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please specify what is the client copy profile that you used to create Client 100 from Client 500.

I presume that you didn't use any Client copy profile which involves User Master Records and Authorization profiles.

In such case you can perform one more client copy with the copy profile SAP_USER from Client 500 to Client 100 which will copy the user master records and authorization profiles of Client 500 to Client 100.

After this, the users can login in Client 100 with the same user id and password as in Client 500.

regards,

Subhajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks subhajit,

When I run Transaction SCC5, SCC7, SCCL to re-create or copy client profile. Following stop message is appeared:

Target client is productive and protected against client copy.

I cant find where is wrong.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this way

login to ora<sid>

sqlplus u201C/as sysdbau201D

delete SAPSR3. USR02 where BNAME = 'SAP*' and MANDT='100';

commit;

bounce the server for paramter to take effect then try with sap* and pass

SAPSR3 would be your schemaid

Note:See that you have parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 before performing this activity

then only we can reset sap* password

If the parameter doesn't exist then maintain in instance profile

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profiles/SID_DVEBMGS00_Host

with entry login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 and bounce the server

You can also check this below links

[Link1|http://www.sap-img.com/basis/changing-the-default-password-for-sap-user.htm]

[Link2|http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/bc/forgot-password-for-user-id-sap-in-client-000.htm]

btw does client 500 does have any users before?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Login to client 100 which is your develpement client and Tcode SE06-->system change options there you can change the client setting to modifiable or Non-modifiable

DOMAIN_CYD.

Is this your Production system?

When I am trying to login 000 client with SAP* it is not allowing

In which system you are trying to login Dev or Prd

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Client 100 also not allowing to login, I think it is because of no user id created in 100 client. Since development server is copy of production server, therefore development server have only 500 and 400 clients as production server. 100 client I was created in development via 500 client. So there is no login id in 100 client and even cant login via SAP* id. how can i create user in 100 client.

DOMAIN_CYD.

Is this your Production system?

No, Development System.

In which system you are trying to login Dev or Prd .

Development.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Development server is non-modifiable, therefore no development can be made

You can make it as modifiable through Tcode SE06 and also check the Tcode SCC4 what is the role of the client and rest of the setting for the client

Transport management system is not configure

Which is your TMS domain controller system?

You can refer this [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a3/139838280c4f18e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday,

It is good learning for me. First of all i would like explore the structure of database.

When DBA copy production server to development as was it, so there is no development client available. So I had created 100 client, and its client role is CUSTOMIZING. I had run SE06 successfully again as Standard installation. Domain controller system I can see via STMS trx code which is DOMAIN_CYD.

Note:

When I am trying to login 000 client with SAP* it is not allowing.

System is still non-modifiable.

Regards,

Syed Tayab Shah