cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of MDM PI adapter oer FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can u please tell me the advantages of MDM - PI adapter over the FTP apart from the discussions that are given in the PDFs . Also Would like to know with using MDM adapter how can we route the files to respective folders which can be done using the FTP by just specifying the path in CC. How the same result can be acheived using MDM PI adapter.

Regards,

Vinithra

Edited by: Vinithra Iyangar on Jun 15, 2009 5:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check ouy this lesson to find out how PI adpater works:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/604b3c0c-5b6c-2b10-cc83-a7af75c7...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The advantage are that

1.You dont need to configure FTP and the communication channel will point to one specific repository port , thus error handling becomes easier.

2.End to End monitoring of message betwenn PI and MDM.

3.You can restart the messages if service is not available.

4.Data transfer is secure and relaible.

Regards,

Anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anika ..

But these features are also present if I use FTP. I agree the complexity of FTP is more. But what makes the MDM adapter better than FTP. Can you please state the difference.

Thanks.

Vinithra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have MDM at sender or receiver then MDM PI Adapter will be more useful as MDM PI Adapter enables direct communication between MDM and PI.As explained in above advantages there will be a tighter MDM PI integration as well as message monitoring. As MDM is also a SAP's Data Repository system(mainly used to remove duplication of data),with the help of MDM PI Adapter you can see the complete flow if the data got correctly updated in MDM or where it when wrong.If you use simple FTP, u can see with respect to file adapter only , you need to check in MDM seperatley again for checking if it got correctly updated.

Regards,

Anika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinithra,

Please go through the link this will surely give you some insight.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/956cd09521062de10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Anika