cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Check Out records in MDM data manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts....

I want to run one validation based on which I want to check out the records in MDM data manager.

i.e. My validation is if Item_status = Inactive, then checkout the records forever.

Those records just want to be in data manager but always in read only mode.

I tried with workflow, but in 'Stop' step, the records should either be checkin, roll back or cascade.

How do I achieve this..

Kindly help...

Thanks & Regards,

Poonam K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

I tried some workaround which may satisfy your requirement.

1. Create the validation expression as shown below:

IF(ITEM_STATUS=Inactive AND IS_NOT_NULL(ITEM_STATUS),FALSE)

2. Create one workflow as per the below design with AutoLaunch = Immediate and Trigger Actions = Manual.

Start -> Process -> Validate -> Stop

Checkout the records at the start step and set the Validation expression created above in the Validate step. At the stop step you can either roll back or check in the records.

3. Select the record(s) to be validated, right click and Workflows -> Add to Job -> <Workflow Name>

4. Go to workflows tab and move it to next step. This will stop the records with ITEM_STATUS = Inactive (checkout mode) and by pass all the records with other values. So now all the records with ITEM_STATUS = Inactive will remain in Checkout mode for ever unless and untill some one change the status and move the workflow.

Above method will serve the purpose you are looking for with only one drawback that you need to move the workflow from process step to further that is because it is not possible to connect Validate step to Start step.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

As far as I know, there is no such automatic mechanism to do so. However, you can achieve this requirement by manually search on the field Item_status = Inactive, and then select the result set and check out the records manually.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply..

ya i know it can be done manually but i have the reqt to do it automatically.

Can it be done..

Regards,

Poonam K