cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle count in WM for Serial number material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are trying to do cycle counting for serial numbers.

The scope of WM implementation is very basic and is limited to an interim GR and GI area with fixed bin startegy.

The clients requirement is to use RF for cycle counting and there is a huge debate running around this.

So after my initial research I see that after we create the inventory record using LI01n and LX26 at the bin level, the bin is blocked

LI11N we enter the count, but in this screen there is no option of entering a serial number we can only enter the number of equipment we have in that bin.

the next step would be to write off this inventory in IM in lI21, in this step the system will ask what serial numbers we would liek to dispose.

From my understanding i see that we have to activate handling unit management or SU management to track serial numbers to the bin

and to count by serial number we should first enable tracking of serial number to bin level which is not a standard SAP functionality.

my questions are can we cycle count by serial number without HU management?

is it a customisation to have a serial number field while entering the inventory count, if so how complex si the customization

how complex is it to write a RF program for cycle counting serial number materials

Is there any standard SAP practise without customisation to cycle count serial numbers

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Run report RLLI2110, select "errors foreground" and execute. Select the item to be written off, click on list in menu bar and clear online foreground.

This will allow you you enter the serial numbers.

Regards,

Sanjay

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do cycle counting with Rf transaction LM59 for the serialised material.

1.My experience says when you have HUM activated then to track material HU & serialisation profile works together.

2.You can do cycle counting of serailised & non serialsed material through Rf gun but clearance of this material will be issue. You may have to create one more transaction to clear the difference of serialised materials like LI20

Hope this input helps.

Regards,

Prashant