cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With Value Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue & want some clarification regarding the Value contract. I have searched various threads for the same but could not get the required clarification.

My client is an IT service provider & agrees on a contract with its customer to provide services for SAP support. The contract will be a Fixed Value type - Suppose the Value is 5000 USD, it is decided with number of hours say 100 hours & per hour is 50USD so the total comes out to be 5000 USD.

The services can be provided under 100 hours - profit to my client

The services can be provided over 100 hours - loss to my client

Issue:

I decided to use Value contract.

Contract type used is WK2 - material based value contract.

Item Category used is WKC - for value contract.

Release order I used a Z type copied from OR & maintained the copy controls.

Release order item category used is TAX.

Copy Control has been maintained - Source document is WK2 & target document is ZOR, Update document flow has been ticked, requirement is 301.

When I create the value contract, the system does not display the Quantity field - it shows the Target Value & Released Value columns. In the pricing screen, the value is stored under the Amount Column & not under the condition value column.

I saved the contract. Now when i create a release sales order with reference to the value contract, the system copies the material & the amount. At the item level I need to enter the quantity & accordingly i need to change the amount. I saved the sales order.

The system will update the sales order value & in VA43 the released value field will be updated for the line item.

When I check the document flow, the system always keeps the status of the contract as open - even if the full value is referenced. When a reason for rejection is assigned at the item level then only the system updates the status of the contract as Complete.

Please let me know whether quantity field comes for value contract. If it comes then which configuration do I need to check.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Idhasoft Ltd.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sure in case of Value Contract Quantity comes into picture. In our case we have maintained some Ztables where in for the main Item what are different service items and while creating contracts it pulls that data and maintained in Contract.

Sorry couldn't help you much. But as I said quantity comes into picture.

Thanks,

Veerendra