Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text id mandatory while saving Billing document

ashish_gaurav
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need to create one new text id and have to make it mandatory at the billing header level i.e. the system should not allow to save the billing document untill an unless some text is given in this newly created text id.

In the configuration I know we cant make the text id mandatory at the invoice level but that's my requirement as I want in my order and delivery the text to be blank.

I dont want to flow them from the preceding document.

So can some suggest any user-exit or scren exit or any other alternative through which I can achive the above requirement,the previous message posted with this requirement are of no use to me.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Check MV61AFZA and see you can use any existing User Exit. You can put a break point and run the VF01, you can get the exact user exit.

Below are some of the User exists avaible.

SDVFX007 User exit: Billing plan during transfer to Accounting

SDVFX008 User exit: Processing of transfer structures SD-FI

SDVFX009 Billing doc. processing KIDONO (payment reference number)

SDVFX010 User exit item table for the customer lines

SDVFX011 Userexit for the komkcv- and kompcv-structures

V05I0001 User exits for billing index

V05N0001 User Exits for Printing Billing Docs. using POR Procedure

V60A0001 Customer functions in the billing document

V60P0001 Data provision for additional fields for display in lists

V61A0001 Customer enhancement: Pricing

Above userexits are available for VF01, VF02 transactions

Thanks,

-Suresh Revuru

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not recommended to make a text field mandatory in billing document, because all the data to the billing document flows from Sales order and Delivery Document. So create a Text element in Sales Order and in user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in include MV45AFZZ put your validation and now allow to save the document without the text. You can pass that text to billing document using copy control.

Thanks,

-Suresh Revuru

ashish_gaurav
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your responce...I'll update you about the exact requirement and our findings...

I have 6 Sales order types so whenever a billing doc. is created for this for 3 of them a default value should appear in this newly created text id which we think is posible through coding the same in USER_EXIT_SAVE and making the new text type mandotory in the config.for Sales Order Header.

Whereas for the other 3 order type I want the text to be blank at Order level so I cant make it mandatory for these Order types but it should not allow to save the billing doc.for these order types without entering the text,I need answer for this requirement and also the default value at Invoice level should be editable.

Hope you understand the exact requirement.

Just need an answer to the below question in YES or No.

Can we make text mand. at invoice level or not???

Regards,

Ashish

Edited by: Ashish Gaurav on Jun 14, 2009 4:53 PM