Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.7 web sevices configuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

experts,

could you please guide me step by step configuration of web services in sap 4.7 version.

the thing is my client uses an software called mobile computing device,apart from sap, where in it keeps track of inventory transactions at depots example reciepts, deliverys, inter stock transfer.

The issue is, whaterver movements happens at depots, firstly it goes to mobile computing software data base tables NON SAP (SQL), i have been asked to integrate through webservices, so that it goes to sap tables directly (that is Online)

The main funda behind using mobile computing devise, normally endusers enter the stock in sap sytems. Inorder to check weather enduser enter the correct figures or not. that is the reason why they have gone for mobile computing device.

these data has to be online insap through web services, please helpmme out with necessary tips

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my 2cents:

don't try to do that if your scenario is to any degree mission critical and unless you have a very, very (very, very, very, ...) good understanding of webservices in general.

I'd personally call the 4.72 soap utilities experimental.

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I agree completely that 4.7 web services are completely obsolete and that the implementation is very basic and "raw".

BUT, I can tell you that we use them for mission VERY critical business processes and that for 4 years.

We have up to 60 calls per seconds on peak days and very good performance !

It has been very reliable for us.

Only my 2 (Euro) cents too...

Regards,

Olivier