cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Purchase requisitions directly using PS network or indirectly ME51N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-PS consultants,

My customer manage big projects that most of the work done by suppliers, contractors and consultants. We use WBS element to define phases in project and for link to budget control in FM (every phase as different budget). We also use activities network to manage the work in the phases. I offer my customer to create Purchase requisitions, as a standard integrated process, using activities. My customer thinks that is more difficult and complicated to create Purchase requisitions directly using PS network. From your experience, is it better to create purchase directly using PS network or indirectly using MM transaction?

Regards

Muly Zohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muly,

The decision to go for PR creation from PS or from MM will be based on the customer requirement.

1.If the customer requirement is to have both the cost integration as well as the integration project schedule with the PR , then you create the PR from PS.Any changes in the dates of the network will change the requirement dates of the components and will be transferred to the Purchase requisition. Further more planned cost distribution across the duration of the activity is possible in this approach.

2. Creating the PR from MM will have only the cost integration with the project. Any changes in the project schedule will not transfer the requirement date to the purchase requisition. You normally go for this where scheduling and procurement are independent of each other.

By clearly explaining these points to your client, I hope they can make a better choice of which approach to take based on business requirement.

Regards

K Ramaiah

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try CN33 for bulk PRs. You can tune it acc. to your requirements to create either PRs/Reservations in bulk. You can also upload flat files (txt files) with a list of componants to create PRs in one shot.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

My customer dose not work at SAP yet. We at Blueprint phase and try to make the right decision how to creat purchase to project.

Also, My customer want the SAP system to support the integration between the departments.

I familiar with authorization and know how give authorize to change network without influance other objects.

What is your recommendation now ?

anishpv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always advisable to generate PR through PS if the client is working on big projects.

The main reason is as Gokul has already pointed out it gives more flexibility to monitor the projects most cost efficiently. PS gives flexibility in terms of controlling the PR as well as generating it as the requirement is bulk.Since your client is yet to start using SAP it is only matter of time to adjust with the PS functionalites.

Regards

Anish PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your client is not comfortable in creating automatic PR then let them create PO Directlty,No need of PR Creation.If they some approvals for PRs then only then can go for PR Creation.

Here then you can go for Manual cost planning.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muly,

I agree with Mr.Harikrishna as far the convenience of creating PR's is concerned.As you said your client is comfortable creating PR's using the MM functionality directly. But as far convenience factor is concerned its fine if u create PR's using the integration of PS-MM. Doing this will give you the flexibility to monitor your project costs efficiently. Although it can also be done without generating the PR's thru PS. Now its upto you and your client to set the priorities staright and proceed further. However i would recemmend to use PS for getting the job done otherwise you will just be wasting the functionality that PS provides thru integration with MM module. And as far as authorization thing is concerned it can be handled easily in SAP. So you dont need to worry about the authorization stuff.

Hence, i would suggest you to think and discuss with your client and decide accordingly.

Best Regards,

Gokul Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muly Zohar,

As your customer executing large projects, i guess more number of departments involve to monitor and execute the project activities done by the third parties at different phases. As per the standard PS-MM integration point of view, project department can generate purchase requisitions but there may be lot of changes happen once the project is started. To include all these changes every body involved to do the corresponding changes in the project. Rather than giving CJ20N or CN22 authorization to do all these changes to more number of people working in different departments, better let them use SAP Standard transactions like ME51N to raise PRs when ever they want. As you mentioned, your client is comfort with ME51N T-Code to raise PRs.

Regards,

Hari.