cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shippment details IDOC/BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a project to bring shipments details to external system.

Please let me know, how to send the shipment details from SAP to external system.

If it is through IDOC, please let me know the IDoc type (there are SHPMNT01 to 05 available, i am confused whichone to use) and how to trigger from r/3. (any transaction or function module)

Are any BAPIs or RFCs available to fetch the details from SAP?

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day Guru,

The answer kind of depends on the volume you are looking at. If it is a select few, then I would manually go in and point them (in the Shipment Output screen) to the Logical System combination set up in WE20 i.e. use the relevant Condition Type and Partner Function you defined in the Partner Profile. That will trigger the IDocs, but if you have a fair few you could potentially set up the EDI Output condition record with the timing set to '3' (explicit send), get the list of the Shipments (in a simple text file) you want to send and then run VT70, upload the list, select the EDI Output type. The processing mode should be '1' (First Processing) and those messages will get executed. There on out change the output condition timing to '4' or whatever you want.

Let me know how you get on, or if you get stuck. I hope what I have said helps...

Cheers,

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Paul.

Thanks for your information.

I would like to create custom RFC to fetch the required information to fulfill my requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Standard IDoc processing will/should do what you want. Depending on your release the IDoc types will be updated. If you have SHPMNT05, then use it as it is the latest version. Standard output determination can be used to trigger the IDoc and sent to your external party e.g. customer, freight provider. You will need to set up Partner Profiles (WE20) for your Shipment IDoc's. You have the option of a couple of partner types - Logical System or Customer would be the best bet. You will also need to set up a Port (WE21) and a RFC destination (SM59) and link the Port with the RFC, and then the Port to the Partner Profile within the Outbound parmeters. Select a new outbound parameter and include the parter function you will be settign up your output determination against, include the IDoc Type and the associated Message Type. Select the Port the points to the RFC destination you have set up in SM59 - this will be used as the connection between R/3 and your middleware (or the middleware that is linking to R/3). Go to the Message Control tab, select the correct Application area (I think Shipments are 'V7'). Then select your output condition type and the Process Code (the Process Code is the link to the function module (or the engine that performs all the hard work), which is SHPM or SD11.

If you need the Idocs triggered at particular times e.g. at Goods Issue as you want to use it as an ASN type cenario, then you can assign Requirements against the Condition type in the Output Determination Procedure - or invent your own if you want. The Transportation config also has the ability to trigger the IDocs/outputs based on the Planning Stage that has been set in the Shipment Header.

Hope this helps.

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I hope the output determination will trigger idoc when it is created or any changes like goods issue etc.

But in my scenario, I would like to send existing open shipments. Please guide me how to trigger it.

Thanks

Guru