cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my message mapping, I have mapped a source structure (0..unbounded) to an IDoc structure(0..unbounded) because I will be having a number of IDocs generated.

The mapping works fine if the source structure has a non-zero occurence. However, it I get the below error when the source structure does not exist:

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_RUNTIME</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>MSGGUID 4A32244F619135A8E10000000F8DE018: Tag found instead of tag IDOC BEGIN=</SAP:P1>

How can the this issue be resolved?

Any help is appreacciated

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>However, it I get the below error when the source structure does not exist:

this is pretty easy:

1. you cannot send an empty IDOC to SAP sytem

2. inside your receiver determination add a condition

that will check if the source is not empty

(if it is Idoc will not be generated at all)

this will resolve your issue

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Make sure that you have idoc occurrence as "0..unbounded" in the MM as well as in the IM.

Thx

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Pooja, but I am using the original IDoc structure imported from SAP system(that has 1:1 ocurance) in the IM.

If I use the modified IDoc (the one with 0..unbounded occurance), I get the following error:

"Unable to interpret IDoc interface"

I am trying to send multiple IDocs.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohps. sorry,my mistake. For sending the multiple idocs, you dont have to change the occurrence in IM. You only have to have 0.unbnd occurrence in your MM.

As the IDOC guru( Michal) said, you cant send an empty idoc to SAP and you can avoid that by specifying a condition in your RD.

Here are some links, which will give u some help for defining the condition in your RD

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks,

PP