cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice canceling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I created a sales order(OR) for service item, ie sales-billing, i made a mistake in the figure and wish to cancel it. I created sales return (RE), Credit Return for the invoice, and cancel credit memo.

I got the error: No billing documents were generated, when i checked the document flow, it is like this;

Std order...............Open

Invoice....................completed

Return...................Open

Credit....................completed

Accounting doc......not cleared

cancel of credit memo...Open

Please what next am i supposed to do to have this document completed and accounting document generated. Posting has been done to FI and need to be reversed urgently.

Thanks

Maureen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maureen,

By seeing ur document flow, i have one doubt in my mind...... Why u are cancelling the Credit memo???

See

U first created Sales order

Then Invoice : Which will Debit the customer ........................(i)

Then u created Return:

And Credit memo : Which will credit the customer ................(ii)

So and (ii) it self has already done the entries........

Then i guess there is no need of cancelling the credit memo....

The last document which u have created, just delete that....and post ur feedback..........

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maureen - Also check your Billing Type config for the Invoice that was orignially generated and see if there is a Cancellation/Reversal Billing Type assigned. If there is, then you should be able to simply run VF02 and cancel it. It will take the posted entries and reverse them and include the reversal document the document flow. As it is order-related billing why the need to generate a Return?

Trusts ths helps

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maureen - Also check your Billing Type config for the Invoice that was orignially generated and see if there is a Cancellation/Reversal Billing Type assigned. If there is, then you should be able to simply run VF02 and cancel it. It will take the posted entries and reverse them and include the reversal document the document flow. As it is order-related billing why the need to generate a Return?

Trusts ths helps

Paul...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maureen,

Kindly check in VOFA for your Cancellation Billing document that whether Posting Block field is activated or not. If it is activated then you need to manually release billing document to accounting by clicking on Billing Document - release to Accounting

Hope this will help you

regards,

Sagar