Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Timesheet creator and approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have two main roles we are dealing with in CATS. We have a Time Sheet creator and than a Time Sheet Approver. Right now it is setup mainly through the P_ORGIN auth. obj. I won't allow the approvers to approve their own time sheets but itlll allow them to approve everyone elses. so Infotype 0328 is setup with ' ' subtype and activity D, and P_PERNR activty M,R with infotypes 0000-0002 0007 0315 0315 2001-2003 2010 with subtype ' ' and it will allow the approvers to approve anyones timesheets but their own like we would like.. In the Time Sheet creators it is setup with infotype 0001 and ' ' subtype. with activity M in P_ORGIN and activty R for infotype 0007 & 0316 with subtype ' '. which allows the users to create timesheets for only themselves

The issue is when those two roles are put together to the approver can't create a timesheet. We need the approver to be able to create timesheet for themselves only and approve timesheets for everyone but them selves. I understand the logic of how it is setup (well atleast I think I do) and I know by adding a * to the approver subtype it will allow them to create timesheets for themselves. Is there anyway around this or another way of assigning authorizations to get this to work properly.

Thanks,

-Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using the value "E" instead of *

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using the value "E" instead of *

0 Kudos

Yes I have tried most available options I could think of. Would there be another way to set this up or approach the roles of the two users?

0 Kudos

Moved to Security Forum

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exaclty the same issue.

have you found something please ?

Do you use Pd profile or P_ORGINCON authorisation ?

Regards

Edited by: Cédric LEFRANCOIS on Dec 1, 2009 12:53 PM