cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for uploading the business content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are planning to import the standard content(Building blocks from SAP best practises). From system admininstration -->transaport, I imported the content, but I am unable to see that content. Is there any other step after import to get content? Please give the exact step to upload the content.

Thanks in advance,

Chandrasekhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar,

You have done absolutely correct. But you are just missing one step. When you have imported the business package, this must have generated some role in the Portal. Check for the appropriate role which must have been added when you have imported the package and then assign that role to your user. Refresh the page.

Now you will see one more tab in Navigation area. For assignign the role, you must have User Administration Role.

<b>User Administration -> Role -> (Select the Role as *)..List of all roles will come. Select the appropriate role. Assign the role to the user.</b>

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful and solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravesh,

Thanks for your help. Now my EP is on SP9, so i am getting problem while going to Roles page. Any way we upgrading to SP14, it solves my problem. Then i will try ur solution, but it seems correct solution.

Thanks

Chandra.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

There must be no problem in SP9 as well. It might be some other problem, but it is not the case that you are working on SP9, that is why you are not getting the Role assignmnet Page.

Anyways, if you are going for upgradation then go ahead, but do revert back after upgradation and let me know if your problem is solved.

If your problem get solved then kindly close the thread as well.

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar,

This is a known issue with EP6 SP9, that the roles page doesnt open up with the Internet Explorer browser.

The roles page opens up, in the Mozilla Browser.

Check that out.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Samta.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

Are you sure about it?? Because I was working on EP6 SP9 couple of months back and I didnt get any problem with any of the Portal pages (Not even Role assignment).

<b>>>This is a known issue with EP6 SP9!!</b>

Can you kindly post me some links which confirms that this is a known issue!! I will be gald to know that.

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

We had raised this issue with SAP, and then they reverted back saying that this is a known issue with Internet Explorer.Try opening this in the Mozilla Browser.

So try, opening the roles page in the Mozilla Browser, Do let me know the results.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Samta

Message was edited by: samta nichani