Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change Goods Issue Date in Sales Order

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i create a sales order using a finished material (which generate a production order), I set the requested delivery date as 7/4/09 and the GI date becomes 7/3/09. I need the Goods Issue Date to be 7/4/09 instead. The GI date column is grey out.

We use US Factory calendar which state 7/4/09 as a holiday. Our workdays are from Mon to Sun.

Backward scheduling is used. Can anyone pls tell me if there is a way to change the Goods Issue date to 7/4/09 either manually or let system automatically set it to 7/4/09 for a holiday ?

Thanks

Joyce

Edited by: Joyce Chan on Jun 12, 2009 6:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because 7/4 is set as a holiday (i.e. non workday) in your calendar that date isn't being allowed for PGI. Update the calendar (trans OVR3) & remove 7/4 as a holiday, then recheck ATP on the existing sales item.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqualine,

If i were to remove 7/4 from the calendar, would this have any impact on production order or any other business functions ?

You stated recheck the ATP on existing item. Can you pls explain if ATP is the availability control screen ?

Thank you for your reply.

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce

Yes changing the factory calendar can have affect on scheduling in Prodcution if they are also using the same factory calendar.

I would advise if this is the case then have two separate calendars.Keep the old one unchanged for Production and define a new one for your shipping point and assign to it.You should be ok then.

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The previous poster is correct about the calender effect & gives good suggestion on how to handle.

On recheck ATP topic:

-- go into change mode on the order (trans code VA02)

-- select the item ,then either click the icon for atp recheck (bottom of the screen) or via menu path Edit-->Check Availability

...the availability control screen won't auto pop up if the delivery date meets what's requested for the item

Good luck

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vikas,

I like to say that it used to work for us during the holiday but now it is not. So i am trying to see what the issue is.

Can you pls let me know where to assign the new calendar to the shipping point ? Where is the calendar assign to Production ?

thanks

Joyce

Edited by: Joyce Chan on Jun 15, 2009 1:57 PM

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jacqueline,

What is the use of 'check availability' ? Is this checking if there is stock to deliver on the requested delivery date ? If material is not available, what does it do ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce

You assign factory calendar for Production to Plant in SPRO where you define a plant.

and same with shipping pont in SPRO.

You mentioned that earlier there were no issues...So these could be the followinh reasons

1) Someone changed the factory calendar either manually in Production or did a transport from dev..(One should avoid trabnsporting these from Dev because the all the calendars are transported even if you did not change the others..if the dev and prod are out of sync this can overwite existing calendars)

2) Maye be this time you are using a different shipping point for the customer and the factory calendars are different for the shipping point in your system.

3) Please check the customer master general data...Unloading tab..you can assign a factory calendar there and specify goods receiving hours...Check if someone maintained this recently...although it should not affect the goods issue date but since scheduling is carried out based on the cutomer delivery date so this date might be changed...however in forward schduling it will not affect goods issue date.

Thanks

Vikas

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vikas,

It seems that the GI date never work on a holiday in the first place. Sigh ! What was working before is the users could change the route (in column route in sls order) to the days to get the GI date to 7/4/09. Now, the issue is changing the route does not work anymore to get 7/4.

Question is: would this still have anything to do with factory calendar ? If so, maybe i can define 2 calendars in production plant and shipping point as you stated earlier ? If not, can you pls pinpoint where i can take a look ?

Back to your qusetion on #3, i check the soldto and ship to customer master data but cannot find unloading tab.

Appreciate your responses.

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce

What seems from your message is that the users were trying to get to the desired goods issue date using the Route.The system should still have given them the message if the good issue date determined by the system fell on a holiday as per your shipping point's factory calnedar.

Hmm..Ok here is what I would do.....

1) I would simulate the scenarion in Dev envrioment.Define a new factory calendar for the shipping

point.

2) Assign this new calendar to the shipping point

3) Test by creating a new sales order

4) If everything is as expected then I would keep stick to the solution of two factory calendars.

Thanks

Vikas

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Yes, the users are tyring to get desire goods issue date using Route that fall on a holiday date.

This mean in the new calendar, i will not have 7/4 as a holiday entry,right ?

Pls give me some time and i will get back to your suggestion below. I was hoping this has nothing to do with the factory calendar.

thank you !

Joyce

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am trying to create factory calendar using scal. Having a hard time creating one.

What i have existing is S1 which is a holiday calendar and S2 which is a factory calendar.

I think i need to create another holiday calendar which remove the 7/4 holiday. Then create another factory calendar using the new holiday calendar.

Can you pls provide guideline on creating it ? I think i need to create a transport ?

thanks

Joyce

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vikas,

I want to get back to you. I tried with assigning to shipping point and new factory calendar.

It work ! Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you !

Joyce

Answers (0)