cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Text ID mandatory in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can some one tell me how can you make a TEXT ID mandatory while saving/creating an Invoice( SD Billing Doc) T code VF01/Vf02

I can see that we can make text id mandatory in sales doc , but we can not for an Invoice. Requirement we got is to make user commnuity enter a Text Id mandatorily before posting an Invoice. We can not make texd id mandatory in Sales Doc since there are documents which will have blank text types too.

Is there an exit or any other solution for this problem..I could n't see the text ids in the exit I found . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Normally it is expected that when you do the billing all the data for billing exists in either sales order or delivery.

Rather I would suggest putting this text in delivery or sales order and then you can modify your copying requirements in delivery-billing copy control to check if the relevant text exists.

If this is not acceptable..you may try another workaround where you use a reuirement in the output determination for the billing output type which will prevent the printing of the document unless users complete the text...OR simply change the printing program to give an error if the text is not maintained in the billing document..This will make sure that the text exists in the billing document.

I would not recommend any user exit.

Thanks

Vikas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your response.! Yes I had gone over the possibility of making text id mandatory in sales document. but the problem there would be that with some documents user wants to keep text id blank and with some default value. For documents which they want default value , should have mandatory text input while saving invoice. Isn't there any exit in Invoice save where we can check the text id being populated or not..

I will think about the work around you suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

I am not asking you to make the text mandatory in preceding sales document.I understand that the users must be having the information for text only at the time of billing which they cannot enter at the time of sales order/delivery creation.

You can put a code in the copying requirement so that at the time of creation of invoice users get the error if the relevant text is missing in order/delivery.The user will not be able to create a billing document without that information.Therefore you will not have to make text mandatory in sales documents at the same time you can ensure that proper text flows to the invoice.

I will not recommend any checks or error at the time of invoice saving through user exits in billing documents...The reason being that most of the time SAP will skip the invoice numbers and every time you get an error you will miss an invoice number.This will generate gaps which is not allowed legally in most of the countries.You can try user exit in includes RV60AFZZ

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can note make the text mandatory while printing output. This text field is gonna used in reporting purpose also. Do you know the exact exit where we can write code to check if user has put some text when trying to create an invoice..