cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP IDES ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we would like to install a SAP IDES for training purposes, i am looking in the DVD´s that SAP shipped to us, but can´t find the correct media.

We would like to install it in an old server, it´s a DELL PowerEdge 800, Pentium 4 HT 2.8 GHz (32 Bits) and 1 GB of RAM.

Do you think it can handle the IDES of ECC 6.0?

Where can i download the correct Installation Guide and the correct media?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to download from service marketplace? the only solution is to write SAP and they will ship the disc we need? how long does it takes to Dominican Republic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now everything depends upon SAP. They used to keep the latest stuff on support portal for download. Now since you need old stuff so you have to write them and they may help you with required links also from where you can download the stuff.

Now looks like your query is well answered So please close this message.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dmerchan ,

For me it took around 6 hours to receive a link from SAP & it was a mediun priority message.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the installation guide?

where can i find it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

service.sap.com/instguides>SAP Business Suite Application>SAP ERP 6.0-->Installation

Mostly all steps will be same for the installation(SR1,SR3,SR2 etc). If you have any query in this you can mention it in the same message which you are going to raise to SAP.

Thanks

Sushil

Edited by: Sushil Suryawanshi on Jun 13, 2009 1:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When I Load the Afore said link, it prompts me for credentials . well i am not sure which one to use.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Mehaboob Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 GB RAM is not sufficient to run ECC 6.0 IDES Solution. So You can not go for ECC 6.0 IDES Solution with this HW Configuration.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much RAM do we need?

I was searching in service.sap.com/instguides for the installation guide, but can´t find it under ERP, can you give me a more detailed instructions?

Thanks for your quick response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need minimum 3 GB RAM for this.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Can you tell me the route in service.sap.com/instguides where i can find the installationg guide? i was looking there but can´t find anything.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the installation guide for ECC 6.0 installation for this purpose. More over this, you should refer to below two notes based on the version you want to install.

Note 956921 - IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0

Note 1013391 - IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2

You cant install the ECC 6.0 IDES SR3 because from SR3 onward, you must have 64 bit platform.

Please note that you must download the correct material for ECC 6.0 IDES.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading the Note 1013391 - IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2 and it gives instructions to place an order of IDES SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 , but i believe that is not the one i need, because my server does not support 64 bits, can you tell me where can i download the IDES SAP ERP 6.0?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, looks like that only SR3 is available for download on market place. So you have to write to SAP for your requirement and they will dispatch the required DVDs.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes inthis case you need to raise a message a SAP & SAP will forward the link from where you can download the required CDs.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto

service.sap.com/instguides :- Here download installation guide

service.sap.com/swdc SAP Software Distribution Center :- For downloading SAP ECC 6.0 cds.

Thanks

Sushil