Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Transactions in Menu tab of PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I can move around the highlighted transaction with the up and down button but is there a "sort by alpha" option. I'm not lazy, I just want to be efficient.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't know if there is any standard way to do this....however, i managed to accomplish this through not so open techniques.

If you manage to get your hands on AGR_HIER (edit) , then you can sort field "counter for Menu id", it will be sorted like 10, 20... so on. Open the role side to side to understand the table. Use excel sort.

This can happen only in ECC though through the new version of table display. I could sort roles having many tcodes in one shot, and this does not touch the role authorizations.

You can try this in a sandbox.... but you might also want to check more opinions..

Thanks

Abhishek

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't know if there is any standard way to do this....however, i managed to accomplish this through not so open techniques.

If you manage to get your hands on AGR_HIER (edit) , then you can sort field "counter for Menu id", it will be sorted like 10, 20... so on. Open the role side to side to understand the table. Use excel sort.

This can happen only in ECC though through the new version of table display. I could sort roles having many tcodes in one shot, and this does not touch the role authorizations.

You can try this in a sandbox.... but you might also want to check more opinions..

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

> If you manage to get your hands on AGR_HIER (edit) , then you can sort field "counter for Menu id", it will be sorted like 10, 20... so on. Open the role side to side to understand the table. Use excel sort.

You can try that in the PFCG role download file as well. Look for lines starting with AGR_HIER and you'll find the sorting number in the third 8-digit number after the role name. Please search for my warnings on role download manipulation....

0 Kudos

Wow...i never thought of that!! Thanks for that. .... and yes, i will read your disclaimer too on modifying downloaded roles ha..ha.. as long as its sandbox... we can always try digging.

Am not sure, but if we upload the role back, doesn't the role "create date" and "created by" get reset? That could be a hassle here if its the case

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm not lazy, I just want to be efficient.

What's wrong with lazyness? It's the perfect trigger to want efficiency (it is for me)

Unfortunately I do not think there's a sort option in PFCG.

The biggest problem you'll face is the fact that you have to sort within folders as well, and sometimes without sorting the folders themselves.

Menus are still cumbersome. What I tend to do is build one master-menu-role where everything is set in the correct order and when I need an item for a new role I'll take that from the master-menu. Still not ideal but less risk of messy and inconsistent menus.