cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM01 Error - Field 'Description' must still be filled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we want to create a new notification in QM01.

When we hit the save button, we get this message:

Field 'Description' must still be filled

Message no. IW464

Diagnosis

The field &1 has been defined as a required entry field in your company, but is still empty.

Procedure

Enter the required data in the field &1.

Now the description field is grayed out so I am not able to enter any text in here.

What can I do?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member223219
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also getting the same error like "Field 'Defect Type' must still be filled" but i check in OIAL the config is not changed. What to check more?

Could you help me?

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anne

Please make the description field as " INPUT". Also make sure that you have maintained screen area 031in Screen Structure for Extended View for the notification type in the config to get the description field

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

where exactly can I find that? What transaction?

"Also make sure that you have maintained screen area 031in Screen Structure for Extended View for the notification type in the config "

Thanks

Anne

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is available at following SPRO path:

SPRO --> Quality management --> Quality notification --> Notification creation --> Notification type --> Define screen template --> Define screen area & tab --> Select your QN type & click on extended view --> Select tab & go in details --> As suggested by Gajesh "031" screen should be here under "screen area" tab.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal,

this was helpful, thanks.

So I went there, but when I Select my QN type & click on extended view, there is no entry at all.

So I guess I'll have to create a new one?

What do I need to enter as Activity cat., Tab, Tab Header and Icon?

Also the screen area 1-5 is gray, so that I am not able to enter something (031) in here.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Anne

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter following data:

Tab: From F4 help you can select as per your requirement. For this purpose select tab - "10\TAB02"

Tab header: Entered name will display in notification this tab name. For this purpose you can enter - "Processing Information"

Icon: This symbol will show in notification tab along with description. For this purpose just select - "ICON_INFORMATION"

Select "tab" checkbox.

Now in screen area 1 assign "031", Screen 1 will remain as gray.

Just check if works & come back if question.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nehal,

I just followed your instructions.

When I now go to AM01 all tabs that existed disappeared and I only see the tab "Processing Information" which kind of look likes the "subject" tab that used to be there. But still there is no desciption field.

(When I created a new notification, I used to get this message at the creating process: Screen setting for notification type F2 not maintained, copy standard, so I guess this is where it took the data from)

Maybe this is an SAP programming error.

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I got it.

Transaction OQM1 field RIWO00-HEADKTXT was hidden.

Thanks ALL for your help!

Anne

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check in IMG whether field description is marked as required and display .check in OIAL T code

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked OIAL and the description field VIQMEL-QMTXT is the only one required. If I set

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have processing information tab in notification then enter description under subject box. there you will find description field under coding field.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry my last message got cut

Hi

I checked OIAL and the description field VIQMEL-QMTXT is the only one required. If I set it to unrequired, the error doesn't come up anymore when I hit the save button in QM01, but I am still not able to enter a desciption in QM01.

Edited by: Anne on Jun 12, 2009 8:53 PM

There is no description field for me under the subject tab, maybe thats an programming error. I have tried to apply note 1089458 but it didn't help.

Thanks

Anne