Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Segment handling in XSLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a strange requirement as below

--> PI is getting data from R3 system by ABAP proxy and the whole XML proxy structure should be mapped to one of the target field (SOAP call). i have done this by using XSLT mapping and everything is working fine.I am able to pass the whole XML data into SOAP call.

--> Now, i am not supposed to empty segments in the XML which i am passing to target. It means that if all fields of a segment is blank, i should not send the corresponding segment to XML.

For an example,

< Employee >

< Job/ >

< Location/>

<Contact/>

< / Employee>

This case, segment < Employee >should not be sent along with XML structure.

---> Second case,

< Employee >

< Job/> Consulting <Job/>

< Location/>

<Contact/>

< / Employee

In this case, i have send only segment < Employee > with only< Job/> Consulting <Job/> field.

Please note the XML structure is very complex with 150 fields and nested

How should i achive this?

Edited by: Rajesh on Jun 12, 2009 8:21 PM

Edited by: Rajesh on Jun 12, 2009 8:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This has been solved.Please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

For the first test case you can do in proxy like if there are no records once the proxy is processed then dont send to PI, so that you dont have empty process into PI.

For the second one what you can try is first do graphical mapping and then do the xslt mapping to put into one string.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

1)We cannot handle this case in ABAP PROXY due to some restriction. I would like to handle this in PI mapping step.

2)But the thing here is i would like to handle all these logic in XSLT mapping. I knows that combination of Graphical and XSLT mapping will handle this.

Is there any way to do this?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me the good options seems is to check for empty fields in a grahical mapping and then pass only those having a value to the output.....then mapping this output to the XSLT mapping's input....the input and output message (structure)of MM will be same (barring enpty fields)....this will ensure that only non-empty fields get into XSLT and then the XML-to String conversion is easy

Regards,

Abhishek.