cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I defined sales document type ZMLO(a copy of OR), then in assigning item category screen, i maintained ZMLO,NORM,TANN(as default) among others that were copied from OR, with no category given as alternative for manual entry, but when i create an order, tann comes as a default, but the problem am having is that with F4, 2 item categories TAW and DSI comes as alternatives. I don't want this. How can I disable this two item categories from this order type?

Thanks

Maureen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maureen,

While copying Standard Order Type OR, the system proposes whether you require all the copy controls need to be copied along, if yes then the data in T-184, TVAKZ,TVASP,TVCPA,TVCPF& TVCPL gets copied, hence this is causing the problem for you.

Solution: check entries in item category assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr.Chandrasekar told, while you copy OR if you accept copy control, it will copy all the item category assignment also.

But why did choose TANN in OR without higher level item category TAN. This is mainly for free goods. For free of charge delivery, i mean order type FD, you can do this kind of assignments. That too system will propose KLN as item category.

Regards,

Rajesh L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Goto the Transaction code VOV4 and remove the manual entries of item categories for your Higher level item category

The combination will be

SALES DOCUMENT TYPEITEM CATEGORY GROUPUSAGE+HIGHER LEVEL ITEM CATEGORY

After the 4 there will be manual item categories , you have to remove that for your sales order and item category group combinations.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very simple.Just remove those two itwm category entries for your sales document type ZMLO in VOV4 T.Code.

Goto VOV4 T.Code.

Maintain only one entry for your document type in this with item category TANN and delete all other entries.

But I hope you know that TANN is non costable.No pricing is applied for this item category type.It is the standard one.

Regards,

Krishna.