cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V1, V2 and V3 Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to know the clear differences of v1, v2 and v3 and their usage. what are these serialized v3, unserialized v3 , queued delta and direct delta.

pls tell me the practical situations also.

my email id is kiran11677@yahoo.com

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KiRaN,

How r u ?

Normally in R/3 there are three types of update available:

Synchronous update (V1 update)

Statistics update is carried out at the same time (synchronous) as the document update (in the application tables).

Asynchronous update (V2 update)

Document update and the statistics update take place in different tasks. So, V1 and V2 updates don’t require any scheduling activity.

Collective update (V3 update) As for the previous point (V2), document update is managed in a separate moment from the statistics update one, but, unlike the V2 update, the V3 collective update must be scheduled as a job (via LBWE). Remember that the V3 update only processes the update data that is successfully processed with the V2 update.

Please visit this link for more detailed explanation.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/16/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-one-v3-update-the-145serializer146

Hope, most of LO Extraction questions are answered here.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In very simple language, we can define them as....

In V1 update, when you post a document in the system, it simultaneously gets posted into the tables as well as it's a synchronous update mode.

V2 update: In this update mode the time of posting a document in the system and the tables is not same but u need not to schedule the job also. The posting of document in the tables can take place later in different tasks.

V3 update: This update mode requires scheduling of job manually and it is same as V2 update.

Already a lot of thread on this issue, pls find the links below:

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Go though these threads. These will answer all your questions.

Regards,

Praveen