cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SM50 Sequential Read is Running long time (Eg MIGO,MIRO,VL01N,VF01 etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL on the

system. We are seeing error messages for the following files:

RAPDATA1

RAPDATA2

RAPDATA3

This is saying that there is no freespace on these files. Also the

log and data files seem to be on the same drive. This is not recommendedespecially as we are seeing indications of IO issues on your system.

events are much higher than their thresold values:

PAGEIOLATCH_SH 29.72 (higher than threshold of 15)

WRITELOG 31.40 (much higher than threshold 6)

pageiolatch_sh - Waiting for pages to be read from disk

writelog - Waiting to write the transaction log onto the disk

Please give solution ,this is major Issue.

Regards,

V.Shunmuga Sundaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the tablespaces have run out of space ( T-code DBACOCKPIT)

I suspect that the datafiles are set to autoextend and the filesystem has run out of space. In this case, you will have to increase the filesystem and the datafile would be able to autoextend.

However, I would suggest adding another datafile to the tablespace because setting the datafiles to autoextend causes fragmentation

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the log clearly says there is a issue with disk. please check the disk utilization.

i think this should be a problem with the hardware (HDD) rather than anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we created one more data file ,now sap is working fine,but one more problem is there ,our production systems is physically connected 8 GB,but it is shown only 4 GB on the display in the screen ,we have installed windows 2003 server standard edition service pack 2, pls give me solution.

by shunmuga sundaram..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im assuming you say "production systems is physically connected 8 GB" because that is probably the size of the disk allocated to sapdata 1 to 4. If not, let me know how you come to the conclusion.

Question :

"it is shown only 4 GB on the display in the screen". Where do you see this ? DBACOCKPIT ? It is not necessary that you will see complete 8Gb in DBACOCKPIT because your database is not using the entire disk space available to it. If it was, it would be stuck due to lack of available space. As the db grows, the size in DB02OLD will increase

If my assumptions are wrong, let me know otherwise.

Kunal