cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exits and Customer Exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What is difference between user Exits and Customer Exits?

If possible please explain by giving examples.

Tried searching on Net, Forum, as well as Wiki section mentioned by most of the SAP Gurus, couldn't get proper material.

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone through this link ??

[What is User Exits and Customer Exits?|http://www.sap-img.com/abap/what-is-user-exits.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems you have not searched properly just go through these links

search term difference between usereits and customer exits and try

regards

Prashanth

Edited by: prashanth on Jun 12, 2009 4:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have searched the possible way i could and this was not the satisfactory answer i was looking for as mentioned in the link by you. I was expecting an example for this, so that i could have better understanding on this.

I request to all those Experts, please do try to understand the question and answer it rather than asking the beginers and learners to search the forum, Net or Wiki section.

If you guys feel it as a waste of time to share knowledge with the beginers, please do not post your message by discouraging them, as i can understand that you guys might waste your valuable time.

thanks and regards

Prashant Ranalkar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In simple terms, Customer exit is ABAPers create on their own if the standard user exits does not meet the requirement. We call it as Enhancements which will start with ZX. On the other hand, user exits are provided by SAP itself.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are not a new comer or beginner check your ststistics

you had till now

Forum Points: 196

as a senior member you have to know the forum rules and regulations

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks laxhmi for your reply.

I would again like to remind that i have not voilated any of the rules and regulations of this forum.

THIS POINT SHOULD BE NOTED BY Prashanth.

I would also like to tell that in none of my communication i have mentioned that i am new comer, But i would like to tell that I am still a beginner and i was expecting a example on this issue to have clear understanding which i couldnt get while seraching the forum, net or wiki section.

I have also informed that if you feel waste of time, please do not post the reply to issues of begineers.

Also i have posted this question from the point of learning and not arguing with you Prashanth

Please take care of this issue

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashanth,

Please do not argue and voilate the rules of this forum.

Expecting examples on my doubt.

thanks

Prashant Ranalkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth and Prasanth,

Just Cool Down Guys....... In Fact We all are learner here..... SAP is Huge Ocean..... And we have to sail with the help of each other.....

Cheers......

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanth,

Let me try to explain u these with an example :

Say your business needs that, You have to Block the order when there is any change in the quantity from the preceding documents....... This is very general kind of request from the client.... So for these we have User exits in SAP sales order like SAVE_Document_prepare etc. Where by adding some logic we can block the order.... These are main functionalitites of User exit.....

Similarly... If any request from clinet has come which can not be fulfilled by SAP standard then we go for certain kind of enhancement..... These are custom developed programs and We call it Customer Exit....

Hope i cleared your doubt...

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks Mr. Raj and Laxhmi,

Answered.

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar