Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an XML FIle to an IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to PI .

Can you please guide me gow to configure my file adapter if i have to pick a xml file from a legacy system folder and post into an IDOC ??

What do I need to do in the design steps ? i hope i dont have to use a file content conversion,in the configuration.

Do i need a XSD from the legacy people or can i simply read the xml without it ? .. what are the situatons where XSD is required ?

Thanks

Edited by: sd on Jun 12, 2009 11:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FILE to IDOC: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/fileToIDOC&

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i hope i dont have to use a file content conversion,in the configuration.

FCC not neede until you are receing the file in XML format....if it is a CSV file then you need to have a FCC in the Sender File Channel

Do i need a XSD from the legacy people or can i simply read the xml without it ? .. what are the situatons where XSD is required ?

You need to know the structure of the XML file that will be sent by the legacy system...this is needed to create a DataType in Integration repository....however when testing you need a XML File...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks a lot for your reply ..

Is there a blog that explains how to send XML File to and IDOC

i think the only difference between the one u have sent me is that it uses a text file .. right ? so i am hoping the only dfference will be that the protocol will not be FCC , rest everything ist he same .. right ?

and in the Data tpe and message types the structure will be according to the xml file coming

i have been given a sample xml file but n XSD is it ok ?

Sorry but im just confused because if i am specifying the name of the xml file in the File name in File sender communication channel , how will it read the xml , and do i need the xsd some where in the design or just the data type according to the xml file given is enough

thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so i am hoping the only dfference will be that the protocol will not be FCC , rest everything ist he same .. right ?

Yes...just give the File Name as <ActualFileName>.xml......since you are picking a XML file....

i have been given a sample xml file but n XSD is it ok ?

you can develop your DT based on the Structure given in the XML file....XSD will be the XML file without the xml tag without the data...structure remains the same...also take into consideration the Hierrarchy..

DT ---> MT -

> MI ---> Mapping

DT and MT are XSDs only....you can find a tab for XSD in your DT and MT definition...you can do a visual check for yourself....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhishek

actually i also wanted to know if i get a xsd file

where in ESR do ineed to use it ... is it just a help in maing a structure of my data type or do i have to attach it somewhere ?

reuquest you to pelase respond

thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->If you get the XSD file from the client,explicitly you no need to create the Data Type and Message Type.

-->So the received XSD will be imported in your IR using EXTERNAL DEFINITIONS.

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
actually i also wanted to know if i get a xsd file where in ESR do ineed to use it ... is it just a help 
in maing a structure of my data type or do i have to attach it somewhere ?

Suppose you get a XSD you want to avoid the creation of DT and MT then import this XSD under the External Definitions sections.....and then you can use this in your Message Mapping and Message Interface directly.

OR

If you get the XSD and then using this you want to build a DT then you need to create a DT with the same name as that of the root element in your XSD.....once this is done click on the XSD tab of your DT and then you find an option to import XSD...click it --- select the XSD --- and create you DT --- MT ---MI etc accordingly...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek

one last queston and then i should be good to go

my client says that the interface is new and they dont have a xsd they can provide me however they can give me a sample xml.

Now if I get a sample xml from them .. Can i create my own XSD from it ?

Is there a toool available for it or can i do it in PI 7.1 ?

What are the ways in which I can create XSD from a given DTD or XML ??

Please let me know

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Using the XML SPY we can create the XSD's.

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[How to convert XML to XSD|]