cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Area by Sales Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company currently has only 1 credit control area by Company Code all along.

With a new sales area in implementation, we now have a situation where a customer can be under 2 sales areas- 1 of which is the new one and we want to have different credit limits for each sales area. This seems to be achievable if we create another credit control area by sales area.

Does anyone know what is the impact to standard transactions (SD and FI), if we create another credit control area for the new sales area, but the rest of the sales areas will still use the credit control area tied to Company Code? In OVFL config, I will leave the credit control area blank for the rest of sales areas.

I've tested end to end flow from creating of SO to invoicing with different credit control areas for each customer and it works- credit limit is consumed correctly under each credit control area. But I would like to know if anyone has done such things before and any things to take note.

Thanks very much!

Edited by: Hm He on Jun 12, 2009 9:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Having control area as per sales area is Ok as long as SD transactions are concerned and it will work.

however u should keep in mind that the desired sales areas should also flow in each payment,credit note or debit note raised thru FI transactions(FB70) otherwise receivables as per control area will not match with overall receivables and it will impact the credit limit of customers.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a some what similar situation.

The credit control area ( Lets Say 1000) was supposed to be stoped and instead 2 new credit control areas has to be created ( Lets Say 2000 and 3000). Same customer should enjoy 2 different credit limits , based on 2 different business process. This was okay, but problem i faced was that in my case credit control area was supposed to be determined based on item division which was a very difficult task as SAP has given the provision of determining the credit control area based on header fields only, even in case of user exit.

In your case it doesnt seems that it will have any impact, only few things need to be taken care

1) Regarding upcoming return orders created with reference with the old sales order for which customer has enjoyed a credit.

2) Oldest open items and Open items.

There are also standard program available by which you can re-organize the credit data.

Thanks and regards

Prashant Ranalkar