Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if the CUA Central System goes down?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a hypothetical questions: I have a CUA where I've configured that user info can only be changed in the central system. What happens if the central system goes down due to a crash or similar?

Can you still not change any user information in the child system?

If not, is there a work around for that so I can change user info in the child system?

If I can change user info in the child system, whats happens when the central system goes up again? Does it overwrite any changed info in the child system?

Thanks, Oscar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> a hypothetical questions: I have a CUA where I've configured that user info can only be changed in the central system. What happens if the central system goes down due to a crash or similar?

Then you un-link it from the child systems' side.

> Can you still not change any user information in the child system?

See above

> If not, is there a work around for that so I can change user info in the child system?

See above

> If I can change user info in the child system, whats happens when the central system goes up again? Does it overwrite any changed info in the child system?

That depends on your settings. I think the SAP help pages about CUA contain the answer to all your questions.

The risk of the CUA master going down should not withold you from implementing CUA

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> a hypothetical questions: I have a CUA where I've configured that user info can only be changed in the central system. What happens if the central system goes down due to a crash or similar?

Then you un-link it from the child systems' side.

> Can you still not change any user information in the child system?

See above

> If not, is there a work around for that so I can change user info in the child system?

See above

> If I can change user info in the child system, whats happens when the central system goes up again? Does it overwrite any changed info in the child system?

That depends on your settings. I think the SAP help pages about CUA contain the answer to all your questions.

The risk of the CUA master going down should not withold you from implementing CUA

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login into Child system and disconnect it from the Central system via SCUA or BD64. Prefer scua. Once you find the child system link disconected from the Central system the child system will behave as a normal system. After the Central system is active then again add the same.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Thanks