SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single bill for multiple connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to print single bill for multiple connections ? This is my requirement Customer X having 2 connections for Water and 2 connections for Electricity.But we need to bill Electricity and water in a different bill ,but 2 connections for water and 2 connections for electricity should be billed in a single bill.We have created a separate contract accounts for 4 connections.

Pls guide...

Best Regards

Jay

6 REPLIES 6

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, if i completely understand your requirement.

But as per my understanding, you have 4 installations, ( 2 for Water and 2 for Electricity) and you want to have a single invoice created for Electircity and water.

So, its better to create a single contract account with multiple contracts.

If you are creating multiple contract accounts, then it would create multiple invoices (one per contract account - regular scenario). So, please have a multiple contracts with single CA.

Also, if you want to invoice all the contracts together, please find the option on contract for joint invoicing. (option 1).

And, in case you want to bill two connections of electricity as one entity and two of water as one, so in this case, have two contract accounts one for Electricity and one as a part of water. And assign all the electricity contract to one CA and rest of water to another CA.

Invoices are always created at contract account level and the billing documents are created at contract level.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Rajesh Popat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply....

We have tried thiis..Its working fine.

But anyhow is there any possibility of getting a single bill for 2 connections(Water) having two different Contract accounts?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It is possible through Joint Invoicing if you put portion of premise1 into alternate portion field of contract of premise2.

Hope this will give you some help.

Regards,

Manish

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to get the scenario as collective scenario, it is possible.

You need to create a master contract account (having only business partner). Assigning the master contract accounts to the two contract accounts (which would be referred as child account).

For this setup even though you would have two invoices, each for the two contract accounts (child), you would have a single invoice consolidated at the parent (master) contract account level.

Invoicing process is also different for this setup -

1. Child accounts - Invoicing using EA10

2. Parent account - Invoicing using EA10_coll.

Hope this might be of some help!!

Regards,

Rajesh Popat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply..

This was really a useful answer.But I was facing some error while doing so.I have followed this procedure

I have created two contract accounts A & B and then I have created Master contract account C and then I have tried assigning both A & B in C.But, while doing so system is throwing an error "Select a contract account type for collective billing"

Pls guide..

Best Regards

Jay

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The Contract Account 'C' must be of CA Category '02 - IS-U Collective bill account'. Create C of category 02.

It will allow you to make it a parent CA.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Manish