cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW, XI and RSPC_CHAIN_START or BAPI _ IPAK _ START

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am developing a solution with XI carrying XML between two sides (invoices first than many XMLs will be exchanged as answer of first XML). However, BW, as the solutions was designed, has to control traffic. Example: R/3 send an XML using XI and BW loads it. As soon the other party get the message, it will send an XML automatically. For each XML sent there are other XML as an answer. I could use Process Chain with a job checking time by time when R/3 "generate and send" the file via XI. But they are expecting an almost Online Real Time solution. BW has to "wake-up" as soon as XI pass by carrying any XML. It is a pro-active solution. These XML will fill a provider and a Portal (no problem at this stage). The question is: how could I "wake-up" BW when an XML document pass by from any direction using a kind of "trigger"?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved by using Transactional ODS and RFC to distribute data across.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configure a scenario to invoke a process chain whenever xml is sent.File to RFC and RFC will trigger the proceess chain.Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

Thanks for your answer. A very good starting point. I would like to know if I can use any of this functions or other (RSPC_CHAIN_START or BAPI _ IPAK _ START) to start this process.

Regards,

Gilson