cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Sender Agreement is required for RFC but not IDoc, XI, & HTTP.. Why ?

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

All we know that since IDoc, XI adapters running on Integration Engine (SAP WAS 6.40), Sender Agreement is need not required.

Since RFC is proprietary document for SAP like IDoc, why we are creating Sender Agreement for RFC adpater ? (We know that RFC adpater is running on Adapter Engine, so that ...). Some of our guys asking me this question.

Why is this difference (IDoc adapter running on Integration Engine & RFC adapter is running on Adapter Engine) ? Anyboday can clarify the exact reason on this ...

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a IDOC / XI sender channel what details you enter??

almost nothing....there are no details that need to entered in these channels for receiving the message from the sender....

When you create a RFC sender CC what details you enter??

Program ID and other stuff...these details are required to get the details from a particular Sender system...

So sender agreement is required in the case where you need a Sender Channel......

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your reply. Still I am not able to see the difference in header message and find the reason. (But, all you answered the same. If the answer is with some example, it will be clear).

Anyway, Thank you very much.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you for reply. But, could you explain with examples (SOAP Header Message differ for IDoc & RFC), like that ...

Becuase, I am not able to find the difference in SXI_MONITOR, in RFC & IDOC scenarios when they act as Sender.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC Adapter:

RFC adapter can abe to manage metadata while using the Jco call.This turns the RFC data to RFC xml message.

IDOC Adapter:

But Loading the metadata for IDOC we should create a port and rfc destination.IDOC adapter and metadata container placed in integration server before and after the pipeline step.metadata container converts the IDOC to IDOCxml.IDOC adapter converts the IDOC xml to native xml format.Using idx2 we uploaded the IDOC metadata with the help of RFC destination and port.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I doubt that you will see any difference in the Soap message header in SXI_MONITOR.

Reason is that SXI_MONITOR provides you with the payload in Integration engine.

Incase of RFC the header is populated by the adapter (i.e. before integration engine)

Incase of Idoc the header is populated from Application server itself (i.e. again before the integration engine).

regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

Just to add, for Idoc, Http and XI (proxies) all the details come in the header of the message (i.e. the message interface, namespace etc) hence need not mention explicitly, whereas in other adapters you need to mention the details in the sender agreement.

regards,

Milan Thaker.