cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increasing free space of the instance/server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to increase free space of our develoment server can any body let me know what do along with commands from DBLEVEL please and what needs to be taken care while increasing

DB :oracle

Thanks in advance for the help,

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reorganize the large tables in the individual tablespaces or the whole tablespaces as such. Reorganization is generally performed to defragment database objects. By doing so, you can improve performance and regain space within tablespaces that was being unused due to fragmentation.

The methods for carrying out Reorganization are:

1) Export-Import method which is required to be performed offline and requires considerable amount of time in case of large tables or a whole tablespace.

2) Using menu Reorganize tables, BRSPACE will perform an online redefinition of tables.

Refer to SAP (Notes) and Oracle documentations to get detailed information and steps to be carried out for each method.

regards,

Subhajit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I guess you are asking how to increase tabelespace using BR*Tools.

First upall you need to check whether you have enought disk space. Then only you can increase tablespase using BR*Tools. You should set all the tablespaces to be in autoextend mode, hence there are less chances of a tablespace getting full.

There are three ways to extend the tablespaces;

1. Adding a data file to a tablespace

2. Resize a datafiles

3. Change the Auto extend sizes

SAP recommendation of the datafile size for production server

Expected database size Data file size

Up to 200 GB 2 GB

200 to 400 GB 4 GB

400 to 800 GB 8 GB

Larger than 800 GB 16 GB

Also check below links

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/29/581630f72011d2952900a0c930df15/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/DE/a7/8db6c2ebc5384eb82e5f99e49600d6/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Sushil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you're talking about filesystem or database?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doehr,

I need to increase space at file system level.So,can you please let me know where to check the file system space and how i need to increse in that server.

O.S=UNIX

DB=ORACLE

Thanks in advance for the help,

Regards,

Raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Unix" is a term for a collection of operating system. There exist different flavors of it so in order to help you, you have a to be a bit more specific...

Markus