cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Characteristic Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run into a situation where I need to compare 2 characteristic values in a query. I have one characteristic named "Sales PNL" and one characteristic named "Financial PNL". The values for these characteristics are text like "BREAD" or "CEREAL". I need to create a query that returns all the rows where "Sales PNL" does not equal "Financial PNL". So, a row where both characteristics equal each other should not be returned from the query, but a row where one characteristic equals "CEREAL" and one equals "BREAD" should be returned from the query. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

What do these chars have as a Key Value (assuming BREAD is the text value)? And then does Sales PNL 101 (Bread) = Financial PNL 101 (Bread)?

If yes, then you can create a formula variable that will be replaced with the key value (101). This converts it into a KF and then you can compare the values in a formula to return 0 or 1. Then create a condition on this formula to display the rows as reqd.

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, however the keys that I have to deal with are not numeric. They are text values. The key values for the characteristics are the text "BREAD" or "CEREAL". Any ideas on how to compare these types of characteristic values?