cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compound characteristic in web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all...

I have the following problem in Web, must pass like filters two characteristics, one of is they is a normal characteristic and second it is a compound characteristic (region-zone), the problem occurs when happening the composed characteristic, since it does not filter query to me by this, I really do not know if the form in which I am going it is the correct one. The following code works well: TEMPLATE_ID=YADWEB0202&FILTER_IOBJNM_2=0COMP_CODE&FILTER_VALUE_2=0051

But when I send the code with the compound characteristic to not filters the report. this it is the example of the code with the compound characteristic: &TEMPLATE_ID=YADWEB0202&FILTER_IOBJNM_3=ZCFISAGE&FILTER_VALUE_3=0051/51

I thank for the aid to Them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

it follows without working, I continue having problems with the compound characteristics in WAD.

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try following the folowing steps:

1) Drag 0COMP_CODE into the rows section of your query - and place it right above the other characteristic(ZCFISAGE).

2) Execute the query and ensure that the comp code is displayed as 0051 and ZCFISAGE is displayed as 51 (not 0051/51).

3) Now use the type of URL as mentioned in my previous post or you may get the correct URL format from the Web Reference API for BW 3.5 (check the filters section in this document)

It should work as now these two act just like two independent characteristics.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil

Yes, the compound characteristic is part of my query, I really do not know if the form in which I am going it is the correct.

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the following code:

TEMPLATE_ID=YADWEB0202&FILTER_IOBJNM_1=0COMP_CODE&FILTER_VALUE_1=0051&FILTER_IOBJNM_2=ZCFISAGE&FILTER_VALUE_2=51

Since you have both region and zone in your query, you need to worry about the compounding and treat the two as independent infoobjects and thus apply independent filters to them.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nikhil

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the compounded characteristic a part of your query?

Do you have both region and zone in your query? If not then what you probbaly need to do is to drag region also into your query to display just before the zone in the rows section. Then the parameterised URL to pass the filter value should work.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nikhil